cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Question on EWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am a MM consultant and looking for information about EWM 7.0. Below are few basic questions regarding EWM please clarify.

1. is EWM is maintained in seperate SAP environement? or its a part of SCM environment where APO and EWM is inbuild similar to SAP ERP?

2. How the master data is maintained in EWM system? Do we need to maintain in ERP and push it through CIF or we need to maintain seperately?

3. I want to learn from basic. Say > Connection between ERP & EWM and other functionalities. Please provide me any good links for basic documentation.

4. I wanted to practise a flow. is there any paid/free server available online? how can i practise whats the best way.

Sorry for asking very basic questions....

SK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some info on your questions:

1. You can install EWM as an add-on to your ERP system, or you can install it on a seperate SAP environment (for example, together with your APO-installation). It's your choice, though I think installing on a seperate environment is common.

2. Usually, you maintain your master data (vendors, materials, etc) in ERP, and then push to EWM via CIF.

3. You can use this link, it contains all the basic setup steps:

[http://help.sap.com/scenarios_bus2008/helpdata/en/48/e6ce41215a40a7e10000000a421937/frameset.htm]

Please note, you can use this if you install EWM on a seperate environment (so, not as add-on).

Functionality-wise, I can recommend the book SAP EWM: Processes, Functionality and Configuration.

You can purchase it at sap-press.com

4. Don't know about this one.

Good luck, regards,

Oliver