cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit PO and Multiple Cost Centers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using a standard PO type we can split a line on a Purchase Order between multiple Cost centers. However, when we use the Limit PO type (FO), it does not allow multiple cost centers. It only allows us to put in one Cost Center. For instance we want to put in a Limit Purchase Order to cover a year's worth of Electric bills but split that cost between our two production lines (two different cost centers).

Can this be done? Do I just not have it configured correctly? If so, where is that config?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. However, even though that note is written in SAP-speak and is a little tough for me to understand, it sounds like it saying Distribution by Percentage is possible. Is that correct? If so, I'm not sure what I'm missing as I can't figure out how to do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking at this a little more, I see that this note refers to the use of the a Framework Order (FO) but using a D Item Category for Service. We're not using D. We need to use B (Limit). So that note doesn't apply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We found our two options were to create one line item for the full amount and put in the text how it is to be split and then Accounts payable does the splitting at time of payment, or 2, create separate line items for each amount of the split. Neither are great options.

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kris,

Check OSS note [1617580 - FAQ: Accounting Distribution Service (Limit) Items|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1617580]

Regards.

Laurent.