cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Upload and Download functionality using ACFUPDOWN standard comp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Web Dynpro Experts,

I got to know that we can use a standard component which is WD_TEST_APPL_ACFUPDOWN' for uploading and downloading files without the browser popup asking for saving the files in particular path. As am with the older version of SAP that component

is not available. Please let me know the information regarding this component.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

That component is just the test component for the new ACFUpDown UI element. If you are on NetWeaver 7.0 (no enhancement packages) then you don't have this UI element. It came in NetWeaver 7.01. If you don't have this component, then you also wouldn't have this new UI element. However, you can read more about the UI element here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/49/7e70303d3c11aae10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the post. Recently i have gone through the demo provided by you on acfupdownload ui element, As you provided

XML settings in SPRO for downloading and uploading in a directory and a URL. My question is am ok with the directory path but what is importance of this url and from where i should provide it. Is this URL a mandatory. Please help me on this.

Thanks,

Sandy.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Both the directory and the URL configuration is part of the security whitelist. This configuraiton is installed on the client side and tells the Java Applet what it should and shouldn't allow. The URL tells the applet which ABAP servers it should allow communications with.