Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't display reportees in PTMW - HR portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a user who is not able to display his reportees in HR portal transaction PTMW, the user is maintained in manager roles in portal, even in back end the roles are maintained and profile parameter as below

PT_TMW_PROFILE Z_NL_TIME_DELEG

Another user with same HR role is able to function properly.

Since we have SSO between portal and ECC, I checked the portal roles of the user.. where manager role is assigned.

Please advice

Regards,

Sushma

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do you restrict a manager from viewing their reportees in PTMW or for any other MSS functionality? Is there a concept of structural authorization used here?

Thanks,

Deb

0 Kudos

Yes.. we have structural authorization assigned, the roles assigned to this user is same as other users who can access this functionality, I did check the position mapping with help of functional team, and found that the has correct mapping. also the user is assigned manager role in MSS portal as well

Please advice.

0 Kudos

Hi

Did you check if OOSB t-code contains entry for user against structural auth that should be assigned for MSS access?

Best Regards

Prashant

0 Kudos

We assign authorization only through roles in ECC backend, should i still check in OSSB. Please advice can trace help me in nay way.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you said there is structural authorization assigned to MSS users and then in your latest post you say authorizations are assigned only through ECC roles... This is a bit confusing!!

If you are assigning structural authorization either directly to user id in OOSB or through Position IT1017, you need to ensure the following things:

1. That the same structural auth used for MSS is populated in PROFL field under P_ORGINCON/P_ORGXXCON auth Object.

2. Instead of checking in OOSB, it is more reliable to execute RHBAUS02, RHBAUS01, RHBAUS00 in the sequence for the MSS user id. Remember to run RHPROFL0 before RHBAUS* report for the Position ID, if you are assigning Structural auths through Position.

3. After RHBAUS00 gets executed, open the output shown there and search Pernrs (P) that got populated in INDX table. (Actually the outcome of RHBAUS00 report is nothing but the data stored in INDX table for user ids.)

4. Now check whether desired Pernrs got populated in the report ( the reportees of the manager). If yes, then these employees should be visible on the MSS Portal of the Manager concerned.

Let me know if you have doubts.

Thanks,

Deb

0 Kudos

Hi

In case you do not use OOSB t-code and directly assign stuctural authorization directly to end user; you would need to use BAdI HRBAS00_GET_PROFL - you can also refer a thread on this " - hope this helps and resolves your issue.

Best Regards

Prashant

0 Kudos

Apologies for the confusion, we are not using structural auth model ... please advice how can I check what auth is failing.

Regards,

Sushma

0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, then what is the determining factor between manager and his reportees? I mean to say how do you determine who are the reportees for a Manager? Id there any Administrator grouping/ employee grouping etc?

Thanks,

Deb

former_member204634
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma

Check if all bits and pieces are in place - User id mapping with position - position with role and pd profile. If you are using structural auth concept then if user has been assigned structural authorization to perform their duties.

Best Regards

Prashant