cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How te get the event of SAVE button in WDDOPOSTPROCESSING method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

am using an application that was configured with FPM, and my question is how can I get the event wehen the user click on the save button in the method WDDOPOSTPROCESSING?

will explain again!

if the user click on the save button, how can I know or get the event in the WDDOPOSTPROCESSING?

am talking here about the general save button in the header..

please let me know if somebody knows

thank you all

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, no solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might have to use a Singleton class attribute or component controller attribute to save this information like last action is "Save"

in the WDDOPOSTPROCESSING method you can test this Singleton class attribute or component controller attribute to know which action was just performed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, thanks for your quik replay,

would you please give more explanation? i still didnt understand your point?

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

The point is when you are in WDDOPOSTPROCESSING, you do not have any knowledge about the save action. There are no parameters which would tell you that. Because of that i Suggested you a way.

When the save is pressed in the FPM, you come along process_event method. In this method you have to set a global Boolean to true (use Singleton class/Component controller attribute ).

In the WDDOPOSTPROCESSING method, you can check this global Boolean if it is true.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, i see your point now, well I dont think it will work, because this method you told me it wont be genereted if the user have choosed an other subtable and then he clicks on the save button,

there musst be a method that gives back the action_events, but i dont know which one

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would work, if you implement it correctly. When more components are involved, you need some global data container, that was the reason i suggested you to go for Singleton OO class. You need to analyse your code and find out the places where and all the save action is triggered. Use the singleton class attribute to set the boolean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

just to make it easy for me, the save button has an ID , i dont know how to get that ID or where that action will be generated , i dont know where to implement my method, and this is the problem i dont know where or which method or class or IF will be genareted

the SAP Developper are taking this case into consideration , because normaly all the data will be stored first in a buffer table, and after the suer clicks on the SAVE button, all the data will bestored in the corresponding INFOTYPE using the CP of the person, but in case of some INFTYPEs that are specified with 'P' instead of 'CP' we can't use the SAP Standard methode insert_infty , and this is the reason why i believe that there must be an alternative way to save all DATA of all Subtable by clicking only once on the save button.

I foundout that the methode WDDOPOSTPROCESSING will be generated after clicking on the SAVE button, but as I said, i can't get the corresponding event ????

please is somebody has an Idea, am still interessted to get the solution.

thank you all

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Samo,

As Baskaran mentioned, for any button event, the Process_Event method will be called. In this method you can check for id FPM_SAVE and do your processing logic.

BR, Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saraa_n,

Unfortunately, the method Process_Event wont be called in this case,

I will give an example;

i have the header Up ( Foto of Empl birthday, age... ) the header will be setted from FPM,

under the header, i have the general SAVE button that also will be set in the FPM configuration.

and now i have 3 subtables, if the user have mad changes in the subtable 1 and then hes clicks on SAVE button, the Process_Event method of the subtable 1 will be called, BUT if he/she mad changes in the subtable 1 and then subtale 2 and then subtable 3 and in the subtable 3 he/she clicks on the SAVE button, in this case the Process_Event method of the subtable 3 will be called BUT not those of subtable 1 and 2 !!!!

I've already setted a Break point there but it they wont be called !!!???

I m still looking forward to get an answer and i will be very happy of anykind of helps

thank you very much