cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modifying customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible to modify the solld-to party number of a sales order?

Thanks,

Ricad.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Departament Informatica,

---You can only change the SOLD TO PARTY in sales order

In Partner Determination T.Code VOPA for Customer- click the Partner Procedure

--Select your Procedure & double click on it

-- You will find the SP function uncheck the Not Changeable for *Sold To Party * & Save it.

--Now create an order in VA01 & save it

--Come to VA02 & enter the order no

---check you can change the Sold to Party No

---As it is not changeable for SOLD TO PARTY you can not change it once you made delivery from that sales order.

Let me know when your problem is solved

Regards

Pradeep

Edited by: Pradeep Kumar.A on Nov 4, 2011 1:30 PM

Edited by: Pradeep Kumar.A on Nov 4, 2011 1:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally the business doesn't allows changing the Sold-to-party once the sales order is created and saved. But always there is a work around, but to be used only in very critical situations

Regards,

SAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep Kumar.A,

all the non changable checkboxes are editable, except for SP that appears in grey.

thanks,

RIcard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Sold to party can't be changed in a sales order change transaction, that is as per standard SAP.

Regards,

SAM

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello and thanks for the reply,

How can I perform step 3 Option 3? The field Sales order (Account Assignment tab) of the PO is not editable. It only appears as editable when the GR (101) is reversed (102 movement).

If I try to delete the account assignment of the PO, appears the following message: u201CAccount assignment item cannot be deleted (GR/invoice exists) u201C

Thanks again,

Ricard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per the business, I don't think they will open the FI posting period again once it is closed.

You may reverse the PO invoice in the current period, reverse the G/R, delete the line item in the PO and add a new line item with account assginment as the new sales order (with the correct customer). The old sales order can be rejected, so that also will be closed.

As per the available information in the thread, I have suggested this. If you find any discrepency with the process you follw, then revert back with more details.

Regards,

SAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks,

Our scenario is the following:

A salesman has created a sales order three moths ago. The sales order has assigned to a purchase order, the material has been received and the purchase order has been invoiced (2 months ago).

Now the salesman wants to change the customer of the salesorder (it was incorrect). What we have to do now? We have 2 options (as far as we know):

Option 1:

1. Open financial period

2. Reverse the accounting of the P.O invoice

3. Remove the invoice

4. Reverse the reception of the material (migo 102)

5. Reject the sales order

6. Create a new sales order (informing the new customer)

7. Change the account assignment of the P.O (to the new sales order)

8. Create the reception of the material (migo 101)

9. Create the invoice

Option 2

1. Change the customer of the sales order.

Option 3:

1. Create a new sales order with the correct custormer.

2. Reject the old sales order

3. Change the account assignment of the P.O to the new sales order.

Option 2: standard does not let us to do that

Option3- step 3: Is it possible if we have received the P.O material and have invoiced it? (do it directly)

Thanks,

Ricard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will suggest option 3. I think you may need to do adjust posting if the stocks are assigned to old sales order. Rest all is absolutely fine with step 3.

Thanks - Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Option 3 is the correct way.

Create a stock SO. Transfer your stock to this SO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ricad,

Why you want to change Sold to Party once the order is saved?? If you are a consultant you can ponder it out the consequences of doing so.

Sold to party is the main Buyer and top most important entity in sales order. If for any circumstances you want to change the sold to party, simply delete the order or reject the order and create new one.

Thanks - Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

you cannot modify the sold to party once you have created, you can cancel the sales order document/delete the same if no subsequent documents are created. This is standard SAP.

If you are asking as a specific req, please let us the know the scenario, But you should generally not allow or recommend this kind of a solution.

Thanks

Thenmozhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Request you to be specific... on the EXACT situation & be specific on what u want to do?

what u mean by 'modify'?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not a good business practice, to do so.

No its not possible to change, Once the order is saved its grayed-out, however you can change the ship to party for the same sold to party

regards

DSR

Edited by: D.Srinivasa Rao on Nov 4, 2011 1:26 PM

Edited by: D.Srinivasa Rao on Nov 4, 2011 1:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sa per standard, once the sales order is created and saved, the system should not allow you to change the sold-to-party.

Regards,

SAM