cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe based on Multiple Datamarts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have different Sales Datmarts for all countries as volumes are large. I have USA, UK, Germany, France,China, India and Russia datamarts now.

The requirement is :

1. Create a single Universe for all these datamarts. Is this possible? and how?

2. and UK Users should be able to see only Commaon Objects (like Time etc which are common for all data marts) and UK specif class

3. Reports: Create some basic reports for all countries and data must shown based user Profile in the report.

Please help

Regards,

Nanda Kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you may be able to do is work with the connections to drive the reporting, putting users into their country's group and restricting the connection accordingly.

This assumes that all databases have the same structure and that users do not need to report across countries.

A global reporting database may be something that you should start planning for if this is not the case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nanda,

For the 1st Question : It is not possible to create universe on multiple data sources... coz we have use one secured connection for one source.

The second option is : if there are simlar data sources we can club them all by using lite weight tool "Data Federator".

thanks

Mumtaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the version of BO you are using. In BI 4.0 it is possible to connect to multiple data bases.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

here is the answer for the your second question

security can be applied at row level and object level

But for sap bw it works only for object level since it deals with application layer.

can create filter for each user like(us user,uk user etc)and

security can applied by

Tools->manage security-manage access restriction.

Hope this helps you,correct me if I am wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no field that gives country information to set restriction & each datamart has its own data. So I can not use this feature.

Is there any other way please.

Regards,

Nanda Kishore