cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not getting saved for custom WD comp on SAVE button in portfolio iteam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are working on PPM 5.0,There is a requirement to add one custom tab in item overview page and that tab will contain an editable table for SKU' information.Sku information in the table will be filled by user and this information should get saved on pressing 'SAVE' button on portfolio item.I have created one WD component for SKU table and integrated it with standard component.In the Custom WD component for SKU's table i have implemented the interface 'IF_FPM_UI_BUILDING_BLOCK' and on method 'PROCESS_EVENT' i am saving table data on 'Save' button press.Now the problem is...when i am inside SKU information view and click on 'SAVE' button then only the SKU table data gets saved while item details on other tabs(OVERVIEW,stages and Gates) are not getting saved.If i come back to Item overview tab and click on save then 'Process_event' method of SKU WD is not getting called and data is not saving for SKU table..

Please suggest what needs to be done..as i am out of clues now

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This behavior is right. Since you press the save button when the SKU tab is active , FPM framework calls the process_event method of your custom component. This component has no knowledge of other tabs,UIBB's around.

You could approach this as FPM_SHARED_DATA approach. One central component has all the context and other involved components uses this component as used component.

OR you can approach this as different way. After saving SKU, you can fire a new FPM event (SKU_SAVED), and handle this sku_saved event in the Standard SAP component (call the save methods).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..can you please throw some more light on the approach suggestedif i .As far as i have understood..data has to be saved in both ways..if i use my SKU WD comp as used component in standard WD component..i guess it will save the SKU data when i am inside item overview tab,,that is fine..but if i am inside 'SKU info ' tab then also the standard tab data should get saved on click on save button..how do i save this???i am confused

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not have any insight of your application architecture and the changes you have made. So it will not be easy to explain you. Let me try one more time.

You have added a tab and embedded your own wda interface view in the component configuration. When a event is triggered the FPM transfers control to the component belongs to the UIBB and in this case your custom component.

Your custom component does not have any knowledge about the other UIBB's in the application.

The solution what i proposed was to analyse the current application and see if there is IF_FPM_SHARED_DATA, IF_FPM_TABBED_CONF_EXIT.

if they are implemented then your work would be simplified. all the events first comes to OVERRIDE_CONFIG_TABBED .You can capture your save event in OVERRIDE_CONFIG_TABBED and you can work around here.

If the above interfaces are not implemented then it is difficult for you to get the things done the way you would like to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..i was able to save the item details data on SKU information tab..but could not do the reverse as i was trying to read the Screen UI elements values of custom WD (SKU table) in the standard component using component usage..but could not read SKU table data as SKU TAB was not visible..so i can not read runtime values..please correct me if i am wrong..but somehow i could not understand the purpose of component usage..if i can not bring runtime values from one component to another..what is the use of it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..i was able to save the item details data on SKU information tab..but could not do the reverse as i was trying to read the Screen UI elements values of custom WD (SKU table) in the standard component using component usage..but could not read SKU table data as SKU TAB was not visible..so i can not read runtime values..please correct me if i am wrong..but somehow i could not understand the purpose of component usage..if i can not bring runtime values from one component to another..what is the use of it?

I am Afraid that you mix up things here, you have not mentioned about component usage earlier, where and how you have created the comp usage? When you have comp usage, you should rely on the interface context for the data and not the UI part. I must say that your expectation about Comp. Usage is correct. You need really FPM experts here to help you to execute this changes, it is kind of complex in my opinion.