cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP faillover without losing connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

Is it possible that when faillover occurs, there's seamless transition between the SAP service so no users are kicked out of the system?

Thanks for help.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's definition of failover from SAP:

u201CFailoveru201D is referred to the process of an unplanned switchover from a primary server to a standby server system in case of a system fail of the primary server node. Other than a switchover a failover is performed automatically by the cluster software. Some cluster software, such as Microsoft Cluster Service, does also provide an option for a manual failover for testing purposes.

I don't know if there's other definition.

I'm using HP serviceguard.

Node 1: CI+DB

Node 2: Apps

When node 1 down, CI+DB will move to node 2.

What I want to ask is, is it possible that when it switch to node 2, sap users currently logged on do not kick out of the system.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

None has the answer yet?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I want to ask is, is it possible that when it switch to node 2, sap users currently logged on do not kick out of the system.

No, this is not possible.... During the failover, all open database transactions will be rolled-back and all user sessions will be disconnected.

Kind regards,

Mark

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you mean database failover, & are using DB2, then controlled failover is available - the system will wait for a commit point before disconnecting the work process from one database member and connecting to another.

Gill

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you mean database failover, & are using DB2, then controlled failover is available - the system will wait for a commit point before disconnecting the work process from one database member and connecting to another.

Gill

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your definition of a failover? If you mean a failover of the enqueue server, this should be possible, since the ERS (Enqueue Replication Server) mechanism. In case you have a database failover, all open database transactions will be cut-off and rolled back. In case of a failover of an application server, all sessions will be disconnected as well.

Kind regards,

Mark