cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating delivery with expired Quotation

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has come to my knowledge that a delivery can't be made with a reference to expired quotation. Is this true? Even if it is, is there a way to make this possible?

Moreover, if that is offered in the standard system, I don't quite understand it. No creation of Sales Order with reference to an expired quotation makes perfect sense. But say, you've made a Sales Order during the validity time period so the job is basically done (as far as referencing with in validity period is concerned) and if someone wishes to make the delivery of that order - why not let the poor guy do it? I mean I know one can always use Sales Order as a reference for delivery and should, but I am just saying...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you are currect.the quotation is not at all refferenced for a sale order the status of the quotation is open,even after it is expired.

Even it is expired still you can use it as a reference to create a sale order.but system throughs a warning message,but you can proceed.before refering the quotation you just change the schedule lines as per the requested delivery dates in the quotation.so the schedule lines you changed in the quotation is copied in to order,and you can proceed subsequent delivery and billing.

BUT

.BUT better to not use already expired documents as reference in our SAP system.those expired open documents should be canceled.

If you dont want to use expired quotation,you should go for enhancement.

I hope you understood.

Thanks&Regards

Ravikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

So what you are basically saying it is logically not possible as schedule lines are in the past. Only if the schedule lines are changed in the expired quotation can it be properly referenced but it is not recommended.

The only part I don't get is - how can the system let it reference even after a warning if the schedule lines are not available? Please clarify?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is standard sap setting.thats is the reason system throughs a warning.

If you want to set that warning message as error message.you can do that.

In OVAH Change the control Aa "E" from "W" for message number 226 and application V4.

If you set this system does n't referance to deliver.

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah I think I get it now... If anything comes up I'll just ask. That is the BEST part about SDN. Thanks Ravi.

Answers (0)