cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error " conversion error between two character sets" in PI MONI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am doing file to Idoc scenario. I am getting the following error in PI MONI "conversion error between two character sets".

please suggest me how to solve the issue.

thanx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your input file XML? In that case, what encoding header has the XML file?

If the encoding header is not UTF-8, check if the character set is installed on OS system, where PI is running.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

yes my input file is XML. Below is the xml header from PI MONI.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

it seems its a data problem, first you have to check what data send to receiver and check Data Types what type you have specifide weather it is string or int check it once.

check once file you have placed.

I hope you have placed correct file in as source.

regards,

ganesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am using External Definitions both on the source and target side. All the fields are of type XSD:String only.

I ahve checked the file and its is a correct file.

I have taken the source payload from PI MONI and have executed it in test Tab of ESR, and its showing sucess, there are no erros being shown in the mapping.

please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

As your mapping test is ok, maybe it's an issue of Encoding between your source and your target.

In MONI, when you select your erroneous message, click on "detail" button and then go on "error" level in tree.

What is the COMPLETE error message ?

Normally you have something like: <SAP:Category>...<SAP:Code area="....> ..... for instance.

This info can help you to know WHERE is the error.

regards.

mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mickael

Below is the complete error message found in PI MONI.

SAP:Error SOAP:mustUnderstand="1" xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

<SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">SYSTEM_DUMP</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:Stack>PI Server : XBTO80__0000 : Conversion error between two character sets.</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

ernesto_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nabhi, according to the error message, checks the TRX ST22 of SAP System and finds the dump error related with process.

Later, checks the TRX WE20 and finds the info of your IDOC, and I need known the option is selected from "processing function modules via".

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ecruz

Iam checking the ABAP Dump analysis, ST22. its showing error as " Runtime Errors RFC_CONVERSION_FIELD" and the short text as "Conversion error between two character sets.".

In we 20, partner profiles, it is being maintained Process by Function module and radio button Trigeer Immediately.

thanks

ernesto_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, according your last post, it probably, the error is a some data type, from target or source.

Tips

• If The error is target Data type or source data type, the solution it would need use mapping.

• Please, show the Payload from Sxi_moni, With this, we finds the posible error of data type that produce the dump. This info can help you to know WHERE is the error.

Regards.

Edited by: ecruz2010 on Nov 14, 2011 2:53 PM

Edited by: ecruz2010 on Nov 14, 2011 8:20 PM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you check your settings in SM59 for the RFC destinition which is assigned to your IDoc adapter.

Check unicode flag and logon language.

I assume that your target system is non.unicode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in your source Data Type, which kind of field type have you choosen (String)?

After that, in your Mapping check if your Target fields have the same type of Source.

reminds: in SXMB_MONI you download your source XML message and use it in ESR to test your mapping.

regards

Mickael

ernesto_cruz
Participant
0 Kudos

If you do not convert the file, you can sets the parameters of content conversion from CC Sender

Look,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/content.htm

Good luck.

Edited by: ecruz2010 on Nov 4, 2011 1:32 PM