cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating new launchpad (LPD_CUST) with the Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I like the launchpad concept, and how this is used for the new ESS WDA applications in Business Package 1.5.

I'd like to present access to other applications (WDA / WDJ), so have set-up a new launchpad in LPD_CUST. How do I integrate this into the Portal?

I've had a look at the config on the ESS WDA iView, but that doesn't seem to call the values associated in LPD_CUST but a dedicated WDA application.

Thanks,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyce,

You need to make changes in the standard overview WDA application.

1) You can make a copy of the standard application.

2) Assign your custom role inplace of the standard.

Hope it helps you.

Sweta Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

How we can do the changes in standard application and assign the role. please provide the steps.

Thanks

Purushottam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Must have tempted fate by asking the question as i've now answered it. Strangely, it was only when I stopped looking on SDN and looked elsewhere on the internet - not usual!

So, to answer my own question for completeness, you can integrate any new launchpads by passing the ROLE and INSTANCE to the application apd_launchpad application:

e.g.

http://something.something.com:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/apb_launchpad?sap-client=500&sap-language=E...

former_member188032
Participant
0 Kudos

Kevin,

I have a need to do the same thing.  I have the launchpad configuration completed in transaction LPD_CUST.  I don't understand the part about passing the Role and Instance to the apd_launchpad applicaiton.  Can you provide more detail on how to do that?  Is it creation of portal objects (iviews, etc) of something that is done on the ABAP side?