Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saproot.sh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

When we need to run saproot.sh ?

I have just upgrade SAP Kernel. Is it required to run saproot.sh?

Regards,

Nirav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

As u upgrade kernel you should run

./saproot.sh <SID>     from sidadm

change the permission of the saproot as sidadm

then startsap .

Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

As far a i know no need to run any scripts after kernel upgrade and i also have never done before after upgrading so many times of kernel upgradtion. Soon after upgrading the kernel, i use to start the application once and check for consistencies.

If i am wrong, i request someone to explain the need of this and confirm with any of SAP note / document for running this saproot.sh. So that in future also i will include this step in my kernel upgrade procedure.

I am on kernel release 700 with SP level : 291.

Rgds,

Durga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

From SAP Doucmentation Library:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/3753c4b87b6025e10000000a422035/content.htm

Best Regards,

Vasanth G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

I have also upgraded kenel 3-4 times. I didn't run saproot.sh.

Recently I have copied latest version of brtools. Now I am facing permission issue during backup thru DB13.

for that I may have to run this script. I have manully try to set the permission of br* files. But still facing permission issue.

Regards,

Nirav

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

Make it as a practise to run saproot.sh to avoid permission problems after kernel upgrade.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

Set the permissions for BRtools as per the Note 113747 - Permissions for DBA tools BR*Tools and SAPDBA

That should fix your issue.

As per saproot.sh after doing hundreds of kernel upgrades you get to know the exact permissions on every relevant file, so I don't use it

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nirav,

2 things.

One is you are saying recently you have copied / upgraded latest version of brtools only (not entire kernel files upgraded right?)

in that case you have might have taken backup of brtools (and all other imp. files like brarchive ,brbackup ,brconnect and saposcol) before copying and assign same permissions to the newly copied brtools.

Second is lets say you have run the script as per the link provided , then what will be the output?. Will it automatically correct the permissions of brtools issue in DB13? Have you tried and is it resolved?

Somehow i cannot take chances by running this script, instead i will more cautious while upgradtion.

If it works for you please let us know.

Thanks,

Rgds,

Durga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi durga,

My problem is solved after running saproot.sh

You are right we can check the permission from backup.

As Juan suggested, SAP Note 113747 is very usefull. Before his answer I have run the saproot.sh

Regards,

Nirav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirav,

Good to here that you have solved the problem.

But did you notice any changes before and after running saproot.sh script?, I mean at file permission level.

Rgds

Durga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

Yes, I have notice.

Before running saproo.sh, the permission of br* was " -rwxr-xr-x ". Now it is " -rwsrwxr-x ".

Regards,

Nirav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nirav for updating the information.

I have cross checked my file system permissions which you mentioned just before, both are same.

So to my conclusion at this junction is we have 2 options. One is with proper upgradation and another if if by chance we commit any mistake/facing any isshes, we can run this script to correct the issue.

Thanks once again Nirav.

more inputs can be share for my above conclusion.

Rgds,

Durga

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. After kernel upgrade you need to run saproot.sh.

Syntax is

./saproot.sh <SID>

Above command needs to be executed with root user.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Additional info.

saproot.sh is necessary to setup the brtools permission at OS level and script needs to be executed as root user.

1. Login as sidadm user

2. cd to /sapmnt/SID/exe

3. su (change as root user)

4. ./saproot.sh

5. exit

6. startsap

Try running sample brtools functions to see they are getting executed without any permission issue.

Best Regards,

Vasanth G