cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a problem in running a scenario of CS. My scenario the is a machinery which consists of components and warranty was for only some few sub components.

Ex:

Taking consideration into a Mobile phone, the company is giving warranty for only battery. I do i classify it?

Is this the order to create and please suggest me the way to create. That will be very much helpful to me.

1)Material creation

2)characteristics and class assignment to material

3)Creating contract and (assigning serial no to the line item in sales order at technical objects in extras tab)

4)Taking reference of contract i will create sale order and deliver the material and billing it.

5)After some period if the machine had got a problem we will create a service notification based upon the customer explanation.

6) Technician will go to customer site and analyze the problem and prepare the quotation of the repaired part.

7) After the confirmation from customer about quotation we will generate work order.

😎 Receipt of return material and raise of work completion order.

9)Billing wrt order.

While delivering how can we say that the warranty will starts on that day and warranty finishes on the particular day.

Similarly, while taking the mobile phone example into consideration how can i get an msg that there is a "warranty for battery".

Is there any functionality for creating BOM and assigning equipment for that.

Kindly help me in solving the issue.

With Regards,

C Chaitanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You process is correct but, for BOM use "CS01" to create and usage as "5" also you can maintain serial no. profile for the Individual camponents(which are part of your BOM). for example incase you have a mobile phone battery with serial number etc.

maintain stoock as required by you for theses components and run youe scinario, also make sure to follow the steps as mentioned by you.

for any further assistance please ref. the link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/ae/6480d1d08011d2b5380000e8a4bb0c/frameset.htm

I am sure this will work, please mark the tread as solved, once it is solved.

all the best

reagrds

DSR

Edited by: D.Srinivasa Rao on Nov 4, 2011 10:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you sir.

I have a doubt in Resource related billing. when i am assigning a DIP profile PS00001 in service order i am getting an error like

" In PS00001 usage 01 is not found". What is the standard DIP profile in sap. "

I couldn't do the billing request in DP90. How to create the standard DIP profile. plz send me the standard configuration of DIP profile.

How to create the quotation with reference to service when we want to send the estimated costs of components for the customer confirmation in dp80.

Please suggest me your valuable answer.

With Regards,

C Chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the following link for creating Resource related Billing:

Use "ODP1" to create Dip profile and check the consistancy of the same with "ODP2A"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_wp/helpdata/en/4b/5cfc3743572b1ee10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

IIf the thread is complete, then mark it as answered.

regards

DSR

Edited by: D.Srinivasa Rao on Nov 8, 2011 12:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

As per my customer requirement in service notification it should take the order as reference and when we give the serial no in the field it should trigger the warranty check. So, please suggest me what type of notification should i take.

1) sales order should be taken as reference.

2) when creating service quotation i am not getting price at header level.

3) In creating billing request i am getting an error" no expenditure items found"

Please help me in solving these issues.

With regards,

C Chaitanya