cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In plant determination, plant is being picked up at sales order from CMIR/Cust. Master and then from Material master.

Case: i have not mentioned plant in CMIR and CM but perticular material is extended for two plants (Delivery plant). which plant is being picked up at sales order pls.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

rahulyadavmca01
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

1. Customer Master Delivery Plant Data

2 Material Master sales/gen Plant data

3 CMIR VD51

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I clarify in material master Sales Org 1 Plant field, did you key in a and b in both plant extension?

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go to MM03 - Sales: Sales Org 1 screen. Here under General Data you can assign a Delivering Plant.

Now the above screen (MM03 - Sales: Sales Org 1 screen) belongs to a conbination of Sales Organization & Distribution Channel.

Similarly your Sales Order belongs to a unique Sales Organization.

This means that Plant assigned in Delivering Plant in MM03 - Sales: Sales Org 1 screen is determined in Sales Order for that particular Sales Organization.

Hope this clarifies,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

example.

customer sales are is x y z (sales org, dist channel, div)

material (M) data is x y a (sales org, dist channel, a is delivering plant)

same material (M) is extended for x y b (sales org, dist channel, b is delivering plant)

which plant will be picked up by sales order (a or b) and on what basis pls.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case system will not determine plant automatically.because no CMIR,No customer master..

There is a case even you can specify delivering plant in material master.then system will determine the plant.

If you have not specify delivering plant in material.the system doesnot pick the plant you have to enter manually at item level.

Try in your system.

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jigneshpkathrani,

--Plant Determination based on 3 factors

--First the system looks in Customer Material Info Record for Delivery Plant

--Second it will look in Customer Master Record

--Third it will check in Material Master Record

--If you extend the Same Material in other Plant without maintaining the Plant in CMR & CMD.

--During the order creation in VA01you have to enter the plant manually

Let me know if your problem is solved

Regards

Pradeep

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear jigneshpkathrani ,

material (M) data is x y a (sales org, dist channel, a is delivering plant)

same material (M) is extended for x y b (sales org, dist channel, b is delivering plant)

Let me ask you one question in return.

How are you going to give 2 delivering plant for the same material in the same sales area (X/Y)?

If there is no plant in the material master , system will not propose any plant in order.

If there is 2 sales area and there are 2 different plants in these 2 sales area, then system will propose the plant based on the sales area of the order.

Please check in system yourself as i do not think this is some issue which you are facing , but just for your learning purpose or interview maybe.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Edited by: Hegal . K . Charles on Nov 4, 2011 2:47 PM

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello jigneshpkathrani,

Request you to create two scenarios & try it yourself.

If you do it yourself you will understand better & then post queries, if any here...

Hope this clarifies,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked and tried in system. it determines any of one plant but am not able to find out the base behind it - which plant to be picked up in sales order.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

For a single material, for combination of X & Y (Sales Orgn & Distn Ch,) you can either maintain a or b (delivering PLant) but not both.

Thus when you tried with combination of x y & a, system determined Plant a in Sales Order.

& when you tried with combination of x y & b, system determined plant b in Sales Order.

Hope this clarifies,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jigneshpkathrani,

--Same material is available in the 2 Plants i.e A & B

-- You have assigned these plants to the sales Org, distribution & Plant in IMGEnterprise StructureAssignmentSales & DistributionAssign Sales Org,Distribution Channel& Plant

--During the Order in VA01 you need to select the delivery plant manually.

Let me know if your problem is solved

Regards

Pradeep

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moving this thread from ERP-MM to [ERP - Sales and Distribution (SD) General|;.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general plant is assigned to sales organization that is called plant specific sales oranization. In your case during SO creation if yo uuse plant spaecific sales organization as input, system automatically pulls the plant which is assigned to that sales organization. Thanking you.