cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Delivery being Saved, if Stock is not Available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

There is no Manufacturing Plant, only Trading is going on.

PP module is not implemented.

Now, here we need to activate the Availability Check, so that the System should not allow to Create Delivery Doc - VL01N, if the Stock against WBS Element is 'Zero'.

Here I have done all the necessary Configuration for -- Transfer of Requirements & Availability Check with ATP Logic or Against Planning. And also activated -- Availability check field -- 02 Individ.requirements in MMR - Sales: General/Plant Tab.

But still without any Stock, in Sales Order - Schedule lines Tab, the Quantity is showing confirmed i.e. Order Quantity & Confirmed Quantity is coming same. And it is allowing to create Delivery Doc also.

So, the question arises here why it is not Stopping to Create Delivery Doc - VL01N -- From first window, it should not allow to go for second window.....?

Pls help me to understand, where I am missing.......?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD Experts,

Is there anyone who can help me to get the Solution, regarding this Issue................!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you should make your SO confirm qty = 0 when there is no stock so delivery will not be created in first screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

But if the Client wants not to have any error message while Saving Sales Order Document, then we need to have Availability Check Active at Delivery level only........Then What needs to be done, that what I am struggling for....?

Regards

Veneet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how about:

Availability check in delivery item category, 0VLP, field "AvailCk" = BLANK

And Check quantity 0 = "B"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

I had already done this both: Delivery Item Category YTAN = BLANK (AvailCk Field) AND Check quantity 0 = "B"

Now, What should I do.....?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I read through your history, seems like you have customized requirements type.

Can you check through your settings again with below t codes to make sure everything is in order.

OVZG

OVZH

OVZI

OVZ2

OVZ1

OVZ3

OVZ9

OVZ0

OVZK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Alan, I re-checked all the T-codes:

OVZG

OVZH

OVZI

OVZ2

OVZ1

OVZ3

OVZ9

OVZ0

OVZK

And with this I am taking material without MRP views....Is this Correct? If yes, then what should I do...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

even OVZI for your OB item cat is blank, MRP 1,2,3 should still be maintained by default. Somehow it will work.

In OVZI Source should be 1 here.And I suppose you have checked both indicator in OVZI for your item cat. Availibilty and Requirements.

in OVZ2, you have checking groups, this group is maintained in MRP3 view availbility field. here Total sales and TotDlvReqs is "A". And Block Qtrq is ticked. The rest not ticked or 0.

OVZ9, RLT is checked for availability CRI = B. Do tally your avaibility check value setting. It should be 02 if still standard SAP and the setting for the scope should still be the same if no changes to it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thxs Alan for being with me.

It is Working now....

1. No need to take MRP views by default also.

2. OVZ2 - Settings were Ok. Not really required to "Block Qtrq is ticked", depends case to case.

Its Detail is explained below:

Material block in availability check with transfer of qties:

Block on the material which is only in place during the availability check.

Procedure

Set this block if you want several users to be able to process the material simultaneously in different transactions without blocking each other.

Example

You create an order for Material 1. As specified in the settings, material 1 is blocked during the availability check. The quantity reserved for this transaction is recorded in the blocking table. Any other user processing the material at that time receives this information. This complements the information gained from the availability check and gives a more accurate picture of the current availability situation.

After the availability check has been completed, the block is removed.

3. OVZ9 - This is the Very Imp area, which plays a very imp role. You are correct, here only I got the solution.

Actualy, I am working with Projects, PS is also implemented here...So, WBS Element is also need to assign in Sales Order.

So, here I found that the scope of check, during Sales order, is working with the combination of 02 (Individ.requirements) - AQ

SD order; project Stock And 02 - BQ SD delivery; project stock....So, it is not working with 02 - A & 02 - B (CRI, which you was

telling me)....So, in 02 - AQ Combination, I removed the tick from Check without RLT AND in 02 - BQ Combination, I ticked in

front of Check without RLT and with this tick include deliveries & incl.purchase orders in both the Combination.....

So, it is Working now.........It is allowing to create Sales Order with ATP check, showing Confirmed quantity, even if the Stock is not there....but-but at the time of Delivery Creation only it gives error message -- "Only o ST of material 10006389 available" & "An item with no delivery quantity is not permitted. Item will be deleted". And is not allwing to open the first window of delivery..

It is done.

Edited by: VENEET-API on Nov 11, 2011 11:41 AM

Edited by: VENEET-API on Nov 11, 2011 11:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, I am glad you have resolved the issue. Thanking you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heartiest Thanks to you also.

Where are you at present? Which Place?

Which company u r working?

Regards

Veneet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Is there anyone who can help me to get the Solution, regarding this Issue................!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear VENEET-API

Are you able to do the picking and PGI .

Chech and revert

Thanks&Regards

Raghu.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Good Question. It is not allowing to do the PGI. Error message is -- "Special Stock D03 Q SF_INR P-02-0076 10009778 of this material does not exist."

But here we need to have - Error message should Occur while doing VL01N transaction only. Should not allow to Create Delivery document.

Edited by: VENEET-API on Nov 4, 2011 8:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear VENEET-API

For this do the fallowing lines............

1. In OVZ9 t.code in RLT you flag it.save it and go back.

2. In MMO2 for the material go to mrp-2 view ensure that no In hose production days are maintained.

Sure it will work

Check it and revert

Thanks&Regards

Raghu.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

I have already Flaged the Box - Against Check without RLT.

And in MMR I have not taken any MRP Views, beco's no production is going on.

So, is it necessary to take MRP View (i.e to extend that material to MRP Views) and check the field in MRP2 view, which you are mentioning....? Beco's once I did this, then in MRP1 view it is mandatory to fill MRP Type. I cannot leave blank.

Here I have one more concern, that if I fill it ND (MRP Type) - No Planning, then according to Configuration already done in - Determination Of Requirement Types Using Transaction -- it goes like this --- YTAN ND - 011 Delivery requirement (Requirement Type). And we want YTAN - YKP HWI:Make-to-order with project (Requirement Type).

So, here if I need to activate MRP Views, then either I need to remove the MRP Type field as a mandatory field OR I should change the Configuration for the assignment for Requirement Type Determination. What you Say...?

So, three Concerns:

1. Is it necessary to activate MRP View?

2. If Yes, then what to do with MRP Type in MRP1 View?

3. If Yes, then I will check for -- there should not mainatined any Inhouse Production days.

4. if Yes, then I need to extend the Material to MRP View.

Pls Confirm.

Edited by: VENEET-API on Nov 4, 2011 9:03 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

OVZI you can assign rrequirement type by leaving the MRP type as blank. Then the customisation wll be

YTAN BLANK - 11.

This will also help. Need not extend MRP views.

Check and revert in case of clarification.

Regards,

Sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stopping the creation and change of delivery if the quanitty is zero is controlled in delivery item catagory.

Please change the respective delivery item catagory Check quantity 0 to 'B' using transaction code OVLP.

hope this should work for your requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Stopping the creation and change of delivery if the quanitty is zero is controlled in delivery item catagory.

Please change the respective delivery item catagory Check quantity 0 to 'B' using transaction code OVLP.

hope this should work for your requirement

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sharan,

Exactly, this only I am following.... i.e. I have taken material ZFER without MRP views.

And accordingly only it is working as YTAN ___ - YKP.

But still it is allowing to Create Delivery.

Here I have seen one morething that if the system takes 011 (Requirement Type) in Sales Order - Procurement Tab, then it stops the System to Create Delivery, but when we upload the stock thr' MB1C with 561 MovTyp, then also it does not allow to create Delivery. Then when I changed the Requirement Type to YKP in Sales Order, it Started allowing to Create Delivery document.

And if the system directly takes YKP in Sales Order, then whether Stock is there or not, it always allow to Create Delivery Document. Which is also not Correct..

• One more thing I need to ask, "Turn on the ATP check at the Delivery" -- What it means...? Where I need to check that whether ATP check at the Delivery is 'ON' or 'OFF'....?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

In 0VLP - Delivery item categories -- Against YTAN - I have taken 'B' Situation rejected with an error message, against - Check quantity 0.

But, here the issue is not regarding that if the quantity is ZERO, then it should stop the Delivery creation.

I need, if the Stock is NIL in Particular Plant, then it should not allow to Create Delivery Doc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vennet,

when the stock is nill in respective plant, while creation of delivery vl01n system determines zero quantity in delivery line item.

the determination of stock is throw availability check.

once the stock is not available in plant the system gives zero stock in delivery line item.

But while saving delivery (at creation) the above setting will through an error and stop creating delivery.

As per business logic i believe this should be fine and it stops delivery creation also.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

In this Logic, should I take material with MRP View or without MRP View...?

Beco's here Requirement Type is Playing a major Role, what I have observed...

If in a Sales Order 011 Delivery requirement (Requirement Type) is coming, then it is Stoping to Create Delivery Doc itself irrespective whether stock is there or not? In any case it will not allow to open Delivery Doc.

But if in a sales Order YKP HWI:Make-to-order with project (Requirement Type) is coming, then it is allowing to Create/Open Delivery Doc in any case, whether Stock is there or not....?

I have tried with material without MRP View also. In the Sales Order, in Schedule lines the Order quantity and Confirmed Quantity is coming same. It means it is confirming the quantity irrespective to the Stock. If the Stock is not available, then also it is confirming in Schedule line. And then if the Requirement type is YKP, it is allowing to create and save the Delivery Document....

We need to check somewhere in Configuration regarding Requirement Type Functionality. I have seen everywhere, but where I am missing........?