cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP 2.0 Installation problem -SUP services dont start after installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed a licensed version of "SUP 2.0 Personal developer 32 bit" on my machine from https://sybase.subscribenet.com. I installed 4 RAR files (sup0200_dev1_win to sup0200_dev4_win) of around 1.66 GB. I have unzipped all the sub-folders inside after unzipping the 4 main RAR files.

I followed the installation steps and installed all components on a single host.

Everything was fine while installing but I am facing these problems:

1. When I click Start > Programs > Sybase > Unwired Platform > Start Unwired Platform Services... nothing starts.

2. When I open Sybase Unwired WorkSpace I dont see any "Start Development" or any "WorkSpace Navigator" or anything specific to SUP Workspace. Only specific to Eclipse is what I see.

3. Most of the folders in the installed path is not there or are empty. For e.g. The folder Servers\MessagingServer\Data is empty.

For another information I see some error in the installation log like:

+(Nov 3, 2011 11:38:31 PM), , com.sybase.stf.install.uep.wizardaction.CopyInitConfigFiles, err, Could not copy directory D:\Sybase_Installables\sup0200_dev3_win\modules\mobileserver\syscheck to D:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Util\syscheck ServiceException: (error code = -30000; message = "The system cannot find the path specified. (3)"; severity = 0)

The strange thing is during installation the setup does not throw any error and I go to Finish the setup. Also I am able to successfully uninstal.

Could anybody please guide me how what could be the problem. I suspect the installable is not appropriate.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you see the services as being installed? What OS are you installing on?

I had to do a reinstall one time to get everything up and running, I also had the issue of the services not being properly installed (got a successful message after my first install but that in general seems to mean very little). I then carefully went through the prerequisites again and on second try things worked correctly.

Bjorn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bjorn,

I was also able to install it properly finally. What I had done was I had extracted the four RAR files to 4 different folders. But later I realized that I should have installed all the contents of the RAR files to one single folder.

Regards

Tapas

Answers (0)