cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probs with large files in adapter engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

in a scenario I'm currently working on, I have to process files (from file adapter). These files have 1KB up to 15MB. So I set up the tuning parameters, that files with more than 2MB are queued in this special queue for large messages. This works fine. small messages are processed directly and the larger messages are queued and processed in sequence by the integration engine.

My problem is now on the point where the integration engine sends this large files to the adapter engine. There are always 4 messages in parallel sent to the adapter engine and this slows down the whole system due to an additional self-developed module.

So my question is: Can I restrict the sending of the messages to only 1 at a time from integration engine to adapter engine?

The time of processing is not important. I think I can handle this with EOIO, but is there an other way? Perhaps depending on the queue?

Thanks

Olli

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olli,

Using EOIO would be easiest. It is there exactly for this reason.

Regards,

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

thx for your reply.

Yes I think it is the easiest way. But the problem is, if a message runs to a failure the others will not be processed until the failure is fixed or processing is canceled.

So I hoped to find a solution where I can restrict the sending to the adapter engine to one message at a time in order to not affect the processing of the other messages as in EOIO.

Regards

Olli

Answers (0)