SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate Account Assignment Elements in Controlling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I request your kind support on the below issue.

We have deactivated 'Account Assignment Elements in CO' ( i.e, Fund and Budget period). Due to this when we post depreciation Fund is not geting updated to Expese GL line item (depreciation GL A/c).

Is this issue occurs because of deactivation Account assignment elements in CO or some thing elese.

And also kindly suggest the major impacts If we deactivate 'Account Assignment Elements in CO'. I red some help information but not able to understand the function completely. In our business there is no process of planning and report CO line items.

Also I woulk like to know when we deactivate account assignment elements in CO.

Kindly suggest,

Thanks in advance

Rao

6 REPLIES 6

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RAO, excuse me but I cant understand what are u saying...

When u said:

We have deactivated 'Account Assignment Elements in CO' ( i.e, Fund and Budget period). Due to this when we post depreciation Fund is not geting updated to Expese GL line item (depreciation GL A/c).

What are u trying to do?

"Post depreciation Found" ?

Have u got FMDERIVE rules?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Osvaldo Lopez

Thanks for the support,

We have implemented FM-BCS and activated Account assignment elements 'Fund and Budge't period objects. But we are not activated these objects in CO (means deactivated).

Due to this, Account assignment object 'Fund' is not updated in Depreciation line item (T.Code AFAB). We are able to post depreciation documents and also accounting documents are generated. Account assignment objects Fund center and commitment items are also updated for Depreciation line items, only account assignment object 'Fund' is not updated.

What I want the information, deactivate account assignment elements in CO (Fund and Budget period object) is the correct process or not?. If we deactivate what are the implications?. Kindly provide the information on this.

I request your kind support...

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Hi.

I already use BCS. And I deactivate CO assignment too.

Could u trace the AFAB operation?

If u need help with trace, read [666322|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/666322] note.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I don't think that deactivating of fund in CO-FM integration make fund empty for depr posting. If you want Fund in depr posting you need activate it in asset accounting (sm30, V_T093_ACCOBJ), also as far as I remember you need to assign these account assignments to depr in spro Asset Accounting-Integration with the General Ledger-Additional Account Assignment Objects-Specify Account Assignment Types for Account Assignment Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

And also you need to customize derivation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey Tkachenko

Thanks for your kind and valuable support,

I will check all your inputs and get back to u.

Thanks alot

Rao