cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to release transport request

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

I tried to release a request, but when I execute se10, below will have information stated "global information cannot be read", then when I need to release the main request, it will give me the message "Cannot access file
swisapfs01\sapmnt\trans\tmp\DEVE900004.DEV

Message no. PU814

Diagnosis

Access to the file
swisapfs01\sapmnt\trans\tmp\DEVE900004.DEV is not permitted.

The operating system registered the following errors:

Permission denied"

I already granted necessary authorization, anything that had been missed out?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try giving change permission only to SYSTEM for share
swisapfs01\sapmnt\trans\tmp\DEVE900004.DEV

Had the same issue few mnths back. It worked for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check sap note https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/201199

Best Regards,

Aleh

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

How can I check the DIR_TRANS or DIR_PUT? Where can I find the file or folder because I can't locate it, so i cannot check the exact value?

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to login to SAP system.

Type transaction code AL11. A list of parameters will be displayed.

Locate the following parameters DIR_TRANS and DIR_PUT

Against those parameters some values must be placed which will tell you whats your trans directory and put directory.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

I already check the directory and everything seems to be normal. Do I need to check any authorization? The authorized user for the folder should be the user of the application itself or the domain controller?

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ensure that the share
swisapfs01\sapmnt is accessible to global administrator group and local administrator group.

Also you can make this share accessbile to everyone on the domain to avoid permission issues.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually everyone already been granted the authorization, but the problem still occur. I even put in sapserviceDEV and devadm into it, but still the same problem. DEV is the SID for the development server where I'm trying to configure the STMS. Any other clue to check or how should I go by?

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be a simple reboot will solve the problem?

Also check tp in STMS -> Overview -> Systems -> SAP System -> Check (connection check, transport directory, transport tool).

Best Regards,

Aleh

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

In fact, I already tried to reboot, but still the same problem. When i do the checking, it seems like all is OK. So, I really don't what went wrong and I can proceed with the testing.