cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General understanding : SCM & BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I am into SAP BI 7.0. I have below systems available for me. Do please address my concerns.

I have ECC 6.0 & BI 7.0 as of now . ECC and BI are connected to get all the logistics and financial information from ECC to BW. it's working fine and we can create analytic also from current BW system. We also want to implement SCM (APO & DP) now. My questions are below.

1. Do i need to have separate BW system for SCM config (APO & DP) or my current BW system can configure SCM BW stuff also because i understand that we don't need to install any additional component related to SCM in BI content so one BW system should work. With that said, Do i need 2 BW system or 1 BW system will work ( for SCM related stuff and other logistics & FI related reports ) ?

2. If i can configure SCM (APO & DP ) configuration & my other standard BI content in one BW system then how data will flow from BW objects to SCM objects like Material, Material_Group as in SCM Material, Material_Group infoobjects starts wtih 9MATNR.. etc...

Do please respond me

Regards,

Komik Shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Komik,

With respect to question one, SCM comes with its own built in BW system which you must use, if you intend to use SNP or DP. You cannot perform certain SCM tasks in a non-SCM BW system, since the SCM BW system has functionality that does not exist anywhere else.

With respect to question two, the SCM BW system is not intended to be a Enterprise-wide BW reporting package. I have seen some fairly extensive reporting solutions created in SCM BW, but eventually the performance limitations are reached. If you already have a full fledged BW system set up, then the normal solution is to extract any required data from the SCM BW system into the ERP BW system. This puts all the data in one place.

Best Regards,

DB49