cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon is not possible because you have not been assigned to a business role

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the message u201CLogon is not possible because you have not been assigned to a business role; contact your system administratoru201D when I try to access an incident ticket SMIN I created in SolMan 7.1. I have seen this exact error in lower releases and was able to resolve it by making sure the business partner had a General and an employee configured. Unfortunately on 7.1 I have both but I still canu2019t open the message I created. Same error if I test SICF service /default_host/sap/bc/bsp/sap/ crm_ui_start. I have gone through SOLMAN_SETUP IT Service Management and Generate BP Automatically but no luck so far. Any ideas? Thank you,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know, you need to maintain business org details (like org name, positions, business partners etc) in the ppoma_crm tcode. Then have to assign a position to your user ID. This assigns the business role as well.

This link should be helpful:

http://www.sapcrmsecurity.com/SAP%20CRM%20Business%20Role.html

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Boo-yah! Direct hit. I added CRM_UI_PROFILE with value SOLMANPRO and I can open the ticket. Thank you Srikishan,

David

P.S. SAP people, I didn't see a step for this anywhere in SOLMAN_SETUP. Of course I just might be a) blind, b) an idiot, C) both or d) neither. If "d" you should add it. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

When you use a CRM UI environment, you need to be assigned to a business role within the UI since UI's are role driven just like Workcenters.

I understand that this is a setting for the security folks to make post SolMan_Setup

Cheers!

Answers (0)