Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC to Proxy scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

I have a scenario where I need to fetch the data from an Oracle table and pass them on to SAP via proxy. Since, the data to be extracted from the Oracle db is huge, I want to call a stored procedure to fetch the data, and then pass them on in batches of say 100 records at a time to XI. To do this,I believe the stored procedure has to trigger the interface in XI.

I have seen a few blogs stating that a sender JDBC adapter cannot interact with a stored procedure since the latter provides the data in a cursor whereas XI needs the data in record sets.

Then how can I achive my objective? Please provide me some ideas.

regards

Debansu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are going to retrieve only 100 records per message , you can also try using select query in the sender adapter. Jdbc communication channel can be configured to poll for the required intervals. See ATP features of the communication channel.

This will work. In this case, you dont need some mechanism to trigger the interface. Channel itself poll based on the given polling interval.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhaskar,

Thanks.

A huge amount of data needs to be fetched from the database (for example say 100000 records). My plan was to use the stored procedure to trigger the XI interface and send the fetched data in batches (say 100 records per batch). How am I going to do this without using a stored procedure? Am I going to use fetch all the data using select statements in XI and then chunk it into messages using UDF in XI? Is there a better way to achieve this? Please suggest.

regards

Debansu

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have a batch job to import 20k records. I have designed an interface to poll every 15 secs and each message contains 500 records and so. There is no performance issues. It works fine. We use PI 7.1. As I mentioned schedule communcation channel using automatic time planning. Again message size is based on the record size and number of select fields plus system hardware. SAP recommends mesg size upto 5 mb for optimum performance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhaskar,

Thanks. The answer is very helpful.

regards

Debansu