Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manufacturing company with retail business

former_member368490
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello, everyone,

I got a project like this:

Currently, a manufacturing company is running ECC 6(with SD\MM\PP\FI\CO\QM\WM\HR) for many years Last year, a new department - retail department has been established and this department is running 500 stores now.

The customer want to implement IS-Retail to manage the 500 shops. But, they will not split this department into a new company, it means all business, manufacture and retail, will stay in the same company code. Currently, the retail business amount is lower 10% of total sales amount. 90% sales amount(non-retail sales) is processing in SD.

The problem come to me:

1 - standard ECC and IS-retail cannot running on same client, even the same system. The customer has actived Material Ledger on ECC.

2 - The material stock is on ECC, the material master data is on ECC, almost everything is in ECC now.

3 - If I set up a new system IS-Retail, how to connect two system together. Some issues has confused me for a long while, just like:

(1) sync matertail on ECC to article on IS-Retail

(2) Sync stock between two system because the finished product(for retail business) is in ECC by GR production order.

(3) Some IS-Retail sales transaction, delivery invoice ect, transfer back to ECC since FI\CO is in ECC.

Please point me how to running manufacturing business and retail business in same company code.

Thanks!

Tony

Tony

Edited by: Bin Xue on Nov 3, 2011 6:00 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_shukla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Simply you can define in two business in costing overview, first manufacturing to sale and another one is Transport to Sale like retails.

Costing are same as per both industries standards.

Think you can connect system together and take two balance sheet for same.

Regards,

Anand Shukla