cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS to WBS settlement after AuC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I have gone through lot of help available on forum but still can't find the answer, if you can help?

We are using PS and IM modules with FI-AA.

Situation:

Project - XYZ

WBS - Level 1 - Pre-work - this level is for R & D before actually starting construction / Feasibility Study

WBS - Level 2 - Construction - this level is created after finishing level 1

WBS - Level 3 - Testing - this level is created after finishing level 2

Stage 1-

WBS - Level 1 - Costs are booked

- costs are transfer to AuC

- If decided by client not to carry out any more work on this project - Transfer all the cost to Cost Centre

- If decided by client to continue project to next level then cost on this level should transfer to Level 2

Cost will be transferred from AuC to WBS Level 2.

WBS - Level 2 - Costs are booked - Transfer to AuC - Transfer to Final Asset (Including cost from level 1)

WBS - Level 3 - Costs are booked - Transfer to AuC - Transfer to Final Asset

Problem:

When doing settlement CJ88 - getting error Message no. KI235. ' Account XXXXXX requires an assignment to a CO object'

Error is generating when transferring cost from WBS Level 1 to WBS Level 2.

When cost is transferred to AuC (working fine), later changed settlement rules to WBS Level 2 (error message KI235). Settlements to Final asset is working fine but throwing error message if changed to WBS?

I have checked all the setting but I can't see any problem

- Settlement Profile - checked WBS allowed)

- Allocation Profile - checked

- Field status and document type - checked

- Cost elem. for settlmt AuC to CO objects in Asset Classes - Checked

- Additional Account Assignment Objects - checked

Can you please let me know if anything I am missing?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the GL account which specified in the error message and double click on the proceed and maintain the default Cost Center and then save and try to do the settlement.

check out oss note 1296568

Maintain Cost Element (G/L acct) Master Data ( Default account assignment tab) in T-code KA02

Regards

Raj.

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Great note! Thanks very much R.Rasumalla ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies.

If I enter default cost centre then there is no error which I have alredy tested before I have raised this problem. Because in that case entry is going into default cost centre which I don't want.

I want to settle from WBS to WBS.

System is picking up accounts (primary cost element) from - Cost elem. for settlmt AuC to CO objects in Asset Classes but it's not picking up WBS from settlement rule.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The levels you are talking about is bit confusing . Generally cost is book at lower levels i.e in your case level 3 is where cost should be booked.

Ok but the is issue about the error . Please check your settlement cost element in your allocation structure whether it has a co object assigment.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sap07, nice to ´read´ u. 😛

When u said: "Account XXXXXX" ... which account were u using?

Maybe u must use an Object Class to that account 😛

Could u test it ?