cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPC Page performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it recommended 'or not" to use WPC based pages as home page?

I created a site with 4 pages and when i log in with my test account, the login phase tales 20 to 90 minutes. It seems to be very random. If i add a custom role with KM nav iview and set it up as the first workset to load then the log in is dramatically reduced.

Navigating/loading WPC based pages seems to be fine once i'm logged in but the logging phase is terribly slow when WPC based page is the home page.

The wpc home page is very simple, it has a jpeg, paragraph and a link list.

I hope my post makes sense...

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using WPC pages is fine. But the problem will come when we add more multimedia files such as images which will take affect the performance. If you are using WPC pages, make sure that page will load without much delay. Even you can try creating portal application in NWDS and deploy it the server.

Regards,

Jithin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

there are two ways for creating iviews/pages using WPC pages,

1) creating a folder and and changing External Connector Property

2) creating a Portal component iview using com.sap.nw.wpc.runtime par (default).

in first method it will take some time to load all the pages from WPC site, try with the second way it will give you good performance as an simple iview to a particular KM page (like KM document iview).

regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made a typo, it's 20 to 90 seconds not minutes....

I do not believe that it's content related. The homepage is very light content wise.

1 jpeg, 720 bytes

1 paragraph with 2 words

1 link list with 5 links

I get the same slow login performance even if i only keep the paragraph or the page is empty....

Thanks

anand_govardhan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your portal logon is slow due to WPC you can change the Cache Settings in Web Page Composer.

Check the following two links:

[help.sap|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/46/30a1640e6959bde10000000a155369/content.htm]

[Cache Settings in Web Page Composer|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/b07754de-e048-2b10-a0a9-8b732cf54b2c]

Regards,

Anand G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think it has anything to do with cache settings since this is a test environment and the page has light content.

If the first role in my TLN points to a wpc based page then the login phase is awfully slow. If i change the sort order and put another role as the first in the TLN which contains a simple pcd page with a km nav iview then the loging phase is much faster.

Are there people running portal with WPC based pages as the home page "As in, first page to load after you authenticate" of said portal?

Thanks