cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation: user-exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Does anyone know if there is a user-exit or an enhancement available upon confirming / final confirming a network activity to update some of the fields on the activity? We have a requirement to update the plan hours field on the network activity with the actual hours being recorded on the network activity when the activity is final confirmed. However, it needs to be done in such a way that the network is recosted at that time. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If I understood correctly your question, my answer is:

You mean to say that for every partial confirmation, would automatically reduce the planned hours on network activitity that is equivalent of actuals hours confirmed?

I am not sure about availability of user exit or enhancement but you will land up in other problems. Tell me one thing, are you using your network activity hours to derive planned cost of project? using Work center and activity type.

If so, what will happen, whenever a actual hours are confirmed it will reduce the number of planned hours on your activity but at the same time system will update planned cost of your activity. This is because your planned hours are keep reducing for every confirmation. Finally when activity confirmed 100% you will have planned cost is Zero and actual is 100% of planned hours.

Hope this clears.

Regards,

PSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it's only when final confirming the activity that we want to update the plan hours and make them equal to the actual hours.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Ok got it.

While on the confirmation screen of tac CN25.

Take-off the remaining hours from field forecast and enter processing % equals to 100% (offcourse this defaults always as 100%), then check the check boxes against Final confirmation and Complete. After that you can click on green arrow back so that it will save.

By this way you can equals to the planned hours to actual hours.

Let me know if you need any further inputs.

Regards,

PSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

we figured out that there is no user-exit to do this automatically and the workaround doesn't work for our case. Closing...

Brendan_Ward
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the exits listed in SPRO under path:

Project System -> Confirmation -> Enhancements for Confirmation

Best Regards,

Brendan