cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differnce between the Settlement Profile and the Settlement rule strategy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

please clarify me when this Settlement rule strategy is used.

my question is I have project structure like this

A-111 Proj Def.

A-111-1 WBS root (operative indicator set are planning and Account Assignment)

A-111-1-1 WBS (operative indicator set are planning and Account Assignment)

A-111-1-2 WBS (operative indicator set are planning and Account Assignment)

is Settlement Profile is used when we settle the project (A-111) in CJ88 or CJ8G, and Settlement rule strategy is used when we settle the WBS (A-111-1/A-111-1-1).

Even, I heard settlement rule strategy is used for automatic creation of Settlement rule.

Is there any documentation which give more information. if so please share the link.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The definition of settlement rule is "actual costs on a sender objects should be settled to which receiver/s" and

defintion of settlement strategy is " which objects to be settled for example WBS, Network activity, cost center, GL, asset etc."

Please search in forum where you will have lots of information on this topic.

Regards,

PSR

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Settlement Profile - This contains all the control parameters required to perform settlement. For more information on this subject, go to the SAP Library and choose AC - Financials -> CO - Controlling -> Internal Orders - > CO Settlement.

Settlement Strategy - This is used to determine in what way or rather in what sequence the settlement rule has to be created for a particular object. You are right. Settlement strategy can be used for automatic creation of settlement rule.

Is there any documentation which give more information. if so please share the link.

All the information pertaining to this can be accessed through SAP Help. You can even get this information in the SAP IMG through tcode SPRO. Just click on the icon besides the 'execute' icon in the relevant category.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Is it possible to Settle the values on level 2 WBS to the G/L Accounts (any object) and the level 3 WBS to the PSG.

ans Is it possible based on this Settlement profile and Settlement rule strategy.

e.g. I want to settle the

A-111-1 to G/L Account

A-111-1-1 to PSG

Is it possible?

Thank You

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Your question is that you want to settle level 3 wbs to psg and level 2 to G/L. Please remember you can only settle profit to psg. That means nothing will left for you settle at level 2 wbs. Provided you book cost only at level 3 wbs. Again level 3 has to be a billing element indicator ticked to settle it to psg. What i feel is that you have lost track of settlement concept. I am sorry to say that. Please go through the help. HELP will detailly explain you what settlement is and if you have any questions please feel free to get back.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Settlement rule strategy is used to generate settlement rules.

Settlement profile is a mandatory assignment you need to have for any settlement process, that takes into account some general settings for settlement.