cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

db stat warnings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have scheduled Check and Update optimizer daily.

Now it shows me following warning messages.

BR0988W Bitmap index /BI0/F0AFSD_C01~09 selected for checking statistics - please activate the monitoring attribute for table SAPBWD./BI0/F0AFSD_C01

BR0986W Index SAPBWD./BI0/IMATERIAL~0 is unbalanced - please rebuild the index

SO can any body tell me

1. how to activate monitoring attribute for table.

2. How to rebuild the index.

What is the use of running this update stats daily.I think it will improve the performance.

Pls help...

Regards,

viren.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I'm way too late to reply but i faced this same error now and resolved it by going through following steps.

1- Goto tcode: SE14 at BW Side

2- Adujst and activate your PSA table

3- Adjust and activate primary/secondary index of this table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Database statistics are used to find the most efficient access paths.

You need SAP Note 442395

which includes the following:

BR0986W Index %s.%s is unbalanced - please rebuild the index

BR0986W Index %s.%s ist unausgeglichen - bitte den Index neu aufbauen

Explanation: In this case, the statistics check is performed on the reported index via the collection of new statistics. After this check, the corresponding table for updating the statistics was selected and the update was performed. However, when compared with the NUM_ROWS field from the DBA_TABLES table, the NUM_ROWS field from the DBA_INDEXES table displays a discrepancy which is larger than the defined threshold value (stats_change_threshold). This causes this table to be selected to update statistics the next time the statistics are checked.

Program reaction: None

User reaction: Rebuild the affected index:

SQL> connect sapr3/<pwd> | connect sap<sid>/<pwd>

SQL> alter index "<index>" rebuild [online];

If this does not help, further measures are described in Note 439783.

BR0988W Bitmap index %s selected for checking statistics - please

activate the monitoring attribute for table %s.%s

BR0988W Bitmap-Index %s ausgewaehlt fuer Ueberpruefung der Statistiken -

bitte aktivieren Sie das Monitoring-Attribut fuer Tabelle %s.%s

Explanation: A table, for which only bitmap indexes were defined, was selected for the statistics check. The NUM_ROWS field in the DBA_INDEXES table is therefore updated but this does NOT include the number of records in the corresponding table (-> Oracle problem). As a result, the field is not suitable for determining the changes in the number of table records even though this is the BRCONNECT standard method for checking statistics.

Program reaction: Due to a lack of alternatives, BRCONNECT uses the NUM_ROWS field of a bitmap index despite this. However, this warning is issued because using the NUM_ROWS field may result in incorrect decisions.

User reaction: Activate the MONITORING attribute for the table in question:

SQL> connect sapr3/<pwd> / connect sap<sid>/<pwd>

SQL> alter table "<table>" monitoring;

Afterwards, the NUM_ROWS field from the DBA_INDEXES table is no longer used to check statistics.

SAP recommends that you activate the MONITORING attribute for all tables or at least, for all partitioned tables at the same time. For more information, see Note 408527.