Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with current SAP Kernel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello buddies,

I received as recommendation from SAP the following:

You may experience problems with your SAP kernel release.

SAP tests all SAP kernels released. However, your patch level has been found to be unstable in some cases and

is therefore not recommended. For more information, see the release information for each SAP kernel patch on

SAP Service Marketplace.

For more information about issues concerning your current SAP kernel, see the SAP Notes in the table below.

Recommendation:

If the SAP kernel shipped with the latest Support Package Stack for your product has the same problem as

listed below, use a more recent SAP kernel available in the Patches section of SAP Service Marketplace.

SAP Note Short Text Risk

1525687 Core dump in DiagoTabFocusColumn()

I checked the system, but I see no dumps generated like it is written in the SAP note:

Summary

Symptom

If the focus is set on an invisible cell of a table control, a core dump occurs in the C function DiagoTabFocusColumn().

This problem occurs in Customizing option "Maintain Allocation Structures", for example. A SYSTEM_CORE_DUMPED dump is triggered with the error message "Process terminated by signal 0". The termination occurs in program SAPL0C5D, event SYSTEM-EXIT. The main program is SAPLSETB.

Other terms

Allocation structure, settlement cost element, SPRO, SM34, CO_SSTRUC

Solution

The problem is solved by a kernel patch.

Is it really necessary to solve this ?

I see no problem with the current Kernel.

Thanks,

Jordy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are some SAP standard programs which are dependent on kernel patch level. Your error seems to be one of them

Hence updating the kernel as per SAP recommended should be useful.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (0)