cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Adapter - Locking Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our SAP production environment was down for two days. While it was down the login used by one of my RFC Receiver Adapters was locked. This meant the adapter could not run. Fair enough.

When the Production environment was brought back up the login used by the RFC Receiver Adapter was unlocked. However, I continued to get an error in Runtime Workbench claiming that the login was locked.

Checked with the security team and they confirmed the user wasn't locked.

Just to try something I went into the RFC adapter in question and simply retyped the login/pwd, saved the adapter and activated it. This seemed to clear the problem and it's now running as expected !!

Question is why did this work ? The adapter was saying the login was locked. It wasn't. All I did was effectively resubmit an updated version of the adapter and it worked again, even though no part of the adapter had actually changed. Is this some sort of caching issue ? Any thoughts ?

Cheers,

PaulC.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this blog will help u:

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems like a cache issue. However, did you check the time in communication channel monitoring to see if the retries were prior to the user being unlocked?

Former Member
0 Kudos

User was unlocked yesterday and was still giving locked error this morning. It's now working. Just surprised that a new call of an adapter would continue to say locked when it wasn't. Can only think it's some for of caching but this is a pretty unsatisfactory answer. Makes me worry that it might happen again.