SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM Derivation Real-Time Updates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We observed that in our organisation, there are a lot of entries getting modified at the time of the PR creation, in which case, there are no real-time updates - the fund center and commitment item of the first entry remain static, and as a consequence, there has been a really huge negative impact on the implementation. Purchasers have had to get back from the PR entry screen and then re-enter the proper values.

Is there anyway by which we can make the updates real time ? We have been looking into a lot of settings, but could not hit upon a solution - the only thread that took up this issue too proved futile.

Regards,

Wy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not sure to fully understand your query : do you mean that once the system derives a funds center and commitment item, they remain the same despite of changes in the fields utilized as source fields (such as cost center, cost element...)?

If that's the case, please check this note:

[658163 Acct assignmnt change: Determinatn of new account assignment|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/658163]

you may have to set attribute 'overwrite with new values' in the target field/s within FMDERIVE

hope this helps you...

kind regards

Mar

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not sure to fully understand your query : do you mean that once the system derives a funds center and commitment item, they remain the same despite of changes in the fields utilized as source fields (such as cost center, cost element...)?

If that's the case, please check this note:

[658163 Acct assignmnt change: Determinatn of new account assignment|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/658163]

you may have to set attribute 'overwrite with new values' in the target field/s within FMDERIVE

hope this helps you...

kind regards

Mar

0 Kudos

Dear Mar,

You got the problem spot-on !!!

I had not activated the indicator setting....I activated the over-write field and now the PR gets changed real time....

Thanks for the help !!

Regards,

Wy