cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMI: PO number in ECC and SNC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

we are implementing SMI scenario with SNC 5.1, we have created in SNC Web UI a Replenishment Order and we have published it, this triggers two XML files: ReplenishmentOrderNotification_OUT to customer back-end system (ECC) and VendorGeneratedOrderNotification_OUT to supplier system.

When the RO is published, SNC assigns a Purchase Order number (according to the rules defined in SNC) associated to that RO.

This information about PO number is stored also in the XML (RON) that SNC sends to customer back-end system (ECC) but when the customer back-end system (ECC) receives the IDOC ORDERS it creates a purchase order with a different number.

Is this standard or am I missing something to have the PO with the same number in ECC and SNC?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

As per SAP standard process when supplier publish the RO from SNC Web UI this triggers two XML files:

ReplenishmentOrderNotification_OUT to supplier system.

and

VendorGeneratedOrderNotification_OUT to customer back-end system (ECC)

See the SAP help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SNC700_ehp01/helpdata/en/04/3a9515ac6849ca95e10de5f2376777/content.htm

In VendorGeneratedOrderNotification_OUT XML ID tag value (<ID>1234567890<ID>) under VendorGeneratedOrder tag (<VendorGeneratedOrder>) is a Order number which will be same as PO number in ECC.(This is standard behaviour)

If PO number in ECC and RO number in SNC is different then it is not standard.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

thank you for your answer, so, the question is: why we don't have the same number of the PO in ECC and in SNC?

If it is standard, they should be the same...

Have I to configure something in ECC or in SNC to solve it?

Thank you in advance,

Nicola

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Look for the Number range assignment for the PO doc type. It should be assigned as External number Range. This will ensure the SNC PO number be assigned when ECC PO is created.

(I am not an expert but learning, i would still suggest await other experts comments).

Thx

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nicola,

You have to maintain same PO number range as what you have define in SNC.

Eg:If you have maintain 9500000000 to 9599999999 in SNC then this same number range needs to be maintain in ECC for document type (Which you have defined in WVM7 transaction code) as a external number range.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Nikhil!

And to do the same for ASN?

Thank you again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola,

Maintainance of ASN number is not mandatroy in SNC.

If you want automatic ASN number creation then you need to maintain ASN number range in SNC but not in ECC.

Preferably length of the ASN number range should not be more than 10.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

ok but are there any link/Reference of the SNC ASN number in the Inbound Delivery in ECC?

It is just to understand where I can find the ASN number I have in SNC checking in the Inbound Delivery in ECC, I think that should be this information in ECC, or not?

Thank you again,

Nicola

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola,

In ECC confirmation of tab of Purchase order at item level you can see LA line in that reference field will be the ASN number which comes from SNC.

Regards,

Nikhil

Answers (0)