cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy warning - The requested resource [Servlet] is not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I always get the same error while deploying any application in NWDS.

Introducing for example, I created a Servlet that takes use of a bean in order to perform a simple login.

The welcome-page is invoked properly.

However after inserting the values (e.g. password and username) for the bean instance, I get HTTP Error-code 404:

Error: The request cannot be processed.

Troubleshooting Guide https://sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/jsts/home

Details: The requested resource [errServlet] is not found.

I found a related thread () and a troubleshooting guide (http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=221358404) concerning this problem.

However none of the solutions fixed my problem.

Summary in Deployment log:

Description:

1. Warning occurred on server 6350250 during update com.sap/simpleErrExample_EAR : Web Class Existence Test: servlet class "ex.errServlet" cannot be found in the application class path. Possible reasons: 1) package or class name not correct; 2) missing referenced component (application or library); 3) missing reference to component (application or library)., file: simpleErrExample.war#WEB-INF/web.xml, column 0, line 0, severity: warning

2. Warning exception has been returned while the [com.sap/simpleErrExample_EAR] was starting. Warnings:[

][

Warning occurred on server 6350250 during startApp com.sap/simpleErrExample_EAR : Cannot load servlet [ex.errServlet]. Error is: [java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ex.errServlet

-

Loader Info -

ClassLoader name: [com.sap/simpleErrExample_EAR]

Living status: alive

Direct parent loaders:

[system:Frame]

[service:servlet_jsp]

[service:ejb]

No resources !

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In simpleErrExample_EAR navigate to DC Metadata..

Now open DC Definition -> Used DCs now here you need to point to all required JARs.

For you it will be servlet_jsp i guess....

You will find them in SAP-JEE SC

try to add all DC references there.