cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Check in CNS0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a small doubt. My scenario is I purchase for project so as project stock. Whenever I use CNS0 , system is showing materials assigned to project builder CJ20N.

I want availabillity check in CNS0 means if Material is not present in project stock then system should not allow me to save CNS0 delivery.

How to achieve this ?

My second doubt is in the sales order we are assigning WBS element which is billing element. But system is allowing me to assign WBS element which is not a billing element.

So I want some validation or user exit to avoid wrong WBS entry means system shoud give error message that WBS element is not a billing element.

How to achieve both the solutions ?

Regards

Keshav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Availability check can be available in CNS0. Std SAP setting needs to be change here.

GO to Logistics Execution - Shipping - Deliveries - Define Item Catagory for delivery.

Check for DLP here and make Availability Check Off as Blank which is for check availability.

This setting does the project stock delivery effect.

Regards

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PSR,

In our implementation our ABAPer are not with us so once I meet I will ask for the possibility what Pradeep has suggested.

Till then i will not marked this as answered thread.

Regards

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abdul,

My concern is system should not allow me to save delivery for 6 qty if in project stock I have 5 qty available.

Is this possible ?

Regards

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

If I have assigned material X and Y with 10 qty each then after assignment CNS0 is not showing anythning.

As soon as I purchase and taken GRN of 5 qty for X and Y then CNS0 is showing X and Y with 10 qty each.

If I select material and go to Item - Availability check then system is showing me 5 qty which I have purchase but still I can save CNS0 for 6 qty.

So I want system should not save qty above than what is available in stock.

Regards

Keshav

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is a standard behavior.. (it is the same when you create delivery through VL01N against any SO)

can you please explain your concern?

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Standard syem behavior is same it allowes to save more than tha available quantity. To validate you to develop your custom validation.

Try with BADi and enahncement points in discussion with your ABAPER

1 badi i found is DLP_COMPONENT_FILTER. As far i know there is not user exit for CNS0.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

I guess you have now adequate inputs from and try what Pradeep has suggested. Please share your experience once you are done.

Regards,

PSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PSR ,

System is showing all the material code and qty which are assigned to Project Buider CJ20N whether they are present in stock or not present.

Regards

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As a standard practive system will not show up if stock is not available.

Do you see the values in quantity column against material line? Check for implementation of BADIs in your system.

Regards,

PSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

What @ availability check in CNS0 ?

Regards

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is system showing even if material is not available in stock?. Please confirm.

Regards,

PSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

CNS0 screen always show materials which are assigned to project builder. However we can save the delivery but we can not post PGI unless stock is available.

Please guide on 2nd issue also which is about sales order validation.

Regards

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your second query you can maintain a validation in the SO through a user exit to prohibit the system from assigning a non billing WBS element in the sales order. Ideally system should not allow you to assign a non billing WBS element to a sales order.

I checked this at my end and the system allows me to assign a non billing WBS element. Not sure why this is happening. But if you check you may find that even though system allows you to assign a non billing WBS element it does not update the planned revenue in the project. Moreover when you bill system will only consider WBS that are marked as billing elements.

You may raise this with SAP if you want.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer SAP Help on the prerequisites to use CNS0. As far as i know CNS0 wont work for non stock components Hence you need to have materials in stock to be able to use CNS0.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>

I have a small doubt. My scenario is I purchase for project so as project stock. Whenever I use CNS0 , system is showing materials assigned to project builder CJ20N.

<<<<<

System is bahaving correctly and without any issue if stock exists.

>>>

I want availabillity check in CNS0 means if Material is not present in project stock then system should not allow me to save CNS0 delivery

<<<<

I am not sure availability check functionality is available in CNS0. However, If material is not available in stock, it never show on delivery screen. Now I am bit confused here, whether system is showing all the materials on delivery screen or not whatever you have placed on project builder.

Regards,

PSR

Edited by: PSR on Nov 3, 2011 8:28 PM

Edited by: PSR on Nov 3, 2011 8:56 PM