cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Controld for Billing Document F1 to Billing Document S1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am creating to cancel invoice using VF02. I have assigned S1 in VOFA for F2.

I wanted to know though there are no copy controls maintained for the same, why is the system allowing to create cancelled invoice for billing type F2.

Copy Controls in VTFF

For source Document F2

target document s1

not maintained..

can anybody help me in understanding this

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

This program hardcord in the background.

If want any changes in std behaviour, then you can only modify:

- Copying requirements

- Reference number

- Assignment Number

which you generally find in copying controls for Billing - Header.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I created the billing invoice and then release the accounting document. After releasing the accounting document, I cleared it using F-32,

but when i tried to cancel the invoice, it allowed to cancelled the invoice without giving error. I checked in VOFM there is a copy requirement for billing

5: cancellation header.

which checks whether accounting document is cleared or not.

How can i use it. I have assigned it in VOFA.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use Routine 29: Cancel Header Clear in Copying requirements of cancellation section of Billing Doc type(VOFA).

This copying requirements are FORM routines that check certain requirements as a precondition for the copying process. This requirement checks if a billing document has been paid in AR prior to permitting cancellation.

For instance, if an error has been made in invoicing, it is possible to create a cancellation invoice and then re-bill the customer for the correct amount. This process, however, should not be allowed if the invoice has already been forwarded to the customer and payment has been received and applied. This requirement can be assigned to the billing document to insure that no paid invoices are allowed to be canceled.

For this either you check routine 29 coding in VOFM or use SE38 & check program LV60A029.

It will

Checks billing document to be canceled to be sure that it has not
already been paid in AR.  If so, it cannot be canceled.

So it works mainly based on billing doc status.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me why the system is not checking for copy requirement : 5

Though when i see the code in VOFM it shows that its already been hardcoded in standard cancellation procedure.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Following the purpose of routine 5.

This copying requirements are FORM routines that check certain requirements as a precondition for the copying process. This requirement validates that a cancellation of a billing document can be performed based on the attributes of the document header.

Specific checks are performed to insure that none of the following special processes are contained in the billing document: credit cards, down payments, BOM, or rebates. If any of these are present in the document, cancellation will not be permitted. Additionally, the document must have been posted to accounting, but if it contains a downpayment, that cannot have been cleared in order to be able to be canceled.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the help. Copy requirement 29 works fine.

Due to user constraints,

can we also put a check for released accounting document.

For example,

If a particular invoice has been released to accounting, then user must not be able to cancel the invoice.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take assistance of an ABAPer in your team to create a new routine, say, 929 for your requirement. The code for that routine will be similar to routine 29 with additional logic for release doc or billing doc with accounting doc in preceding doc (VBRK-RFBSK as C).

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I have asked the abaper to do the needful

Answers (0)