Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDN not authenticated

former_member434498
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Good day.

I searched and read the forums for "MDN not authenticated" error but it seems that our issue is quite different.

The scenario is that we have a trading partner wherein we are sending PDF files to them via AS2. The trading partner is receiving the PDF files but we are having a "MDN not authenticated" error in Seeburger.

The connection is working before as expected until we introduced another trading partner with similar AS2 ID as the first partner with only difference of capitalization.

For the first partner, Party configuration is XIPARTY "PARTNER1" and AS2 ID "PARTNER".

For the second partner, Party configuration is XIPARTY "PARTNER2" and AS2 ID "Partner".

Since the introduction of PARTNER2, messages for PARTNER1 are showing "MDN not authenticated" in Seeburger but PARTNER1 is still receiving the files. We also noticed that the Seeburger logs of PARTNER1 uses the AS2 ID of PARTNER2 which is "Partner".

Sample logs:

Adapter engine logs of PARTNER1:

Status Successful

Repeatable No

Cancelable No

Error Category

Error Code

Start 03.11.2011 02:24:08.139

End 03.11.2011 02:24:08.956

Sender Party

Sender Component Source

Receiver Party PARTNER1

(http://sap.com/xi/XI,XIParty)

Receiver Component AS2_Service

Interface

PDF_Invoice_IB

Service Definition

Software Component

Application Component

Business Message

Quality of Service Exactly Once

Message Format XI Message

Message ID 4eb1235f-f5ea-08f0-e100-8000913742f8

Seeburger logs for PARTNER1:

Message ID

Correlation ID 4eb1235f-f5ea-08f0-e100-8000913742f8

Sender AS2 ID Source

Receiver AS2 ID Partner

State Error on send, will not be retried

Status Description MDN not authenticated - Error while loading authentication certificate: Certficate alias is empty

Timestamp 11/03/2011 02:24:08

Content Type application/pdf

MIC gtjVHVilERCjoXysyuH2QWigHhY=

Message Subject INDRA PDF attachment

Receipt requested async

Encrypted

Direction SENT

Logical System 000

Compressed

Signed

Receipt (MDN) details

Type async

MDN Message ID

Partner ID Partner

Payload State ok

Payload State Details <empty>

MDN Timestamp 11/03/2011 02:24:11

MDN Sigend

Own ID 8712423000339

Anyone who could help us with this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Carlo Borja on Nov 3, 2011 5:24 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Status Description MDN not authenticated - Error while loading authentication certificate: Certficate alias is empty

Check with your partner if the setup for signing and encryption of mdn matches the one you have in PI.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

AS2 ID will be unique..i dont thk do we can use for diff partners..if i am rong please correct me

former_member434498
Participant
0 Kudos

Is AS2 ID case sensitive or not?

Are the AS2 ID "Partner" and "PARTNER" considered the same?

In addition, the Runtime cache is showing below.

4EB1235FF5EA08F0E1008000913742F8 Partner AS2ID Seeburger

4EB1235FF5EA08F0E1008000913742F8 PARTNER1 XIParty http://sap.com/xi/XI

Edited by: Carlo Borja on Nov 3, 2011 5:46 AM

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>For the second partner, Party configuration is XIPARTY "PARTNER2" and AS2 ID "Partner".

This is not recommended. Is there any specific reason you are using PARNER2 as XIPARTY. Ideally, you should use only one Party for your XI system. So it should be PARTNER1 only for all new configurations with all new partners.

>>Are the AS2 ID "Partner" and "PARTNER" considered the same?

When you add AS2ID to a party and you try to save and activate, PI won't allow to add duplicate AS2IDs. So if it is allowing, it is considering it different.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

in PI, you usually setup

- 1 Party with your own AS2 ID /which will be used to communicate with all partners)

- 1 Party for each of your partners that want to communicate via AS2

=> so if you communicate with 2 Partners via AS2, you have a total of 3 Parties (1 own and 2 partner IDs) setup in your PI

Each party that you setup to identify your EDI-Partners should have an own unique AS2-ID that they usually provide to you when you exchange your AS2-parameters (and I am wondering why someone would identify themselves with an ID "PARTNER" or "Partner"....

If this is a test-scenario and you have defined the AS2-IDs also for your "partners" in that scenario, I would also not recommend to use the same IDs (even if they are different with the capital letters)... it just might lead to confusion...

Greetings