Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII 12.1.4 JCO Credential Editor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am running MII 12.1.4.

We are using JCO connections in our BLS. We are aware that in 12.1.4 that there is a threading issue with credential editor. So we were told to configure the username/password in the links section of the JCO action block. We have done this and it appears to work.

My question is if we are supposed to change the JCO connection alias section to blank, or leave it selected?

I think that the action block "Links" takes priority over action block "configure". Can somebody confirm/deny this for me?

How I ran into the questions: We were testing a new MII server. We setup the JCO action block to have a blank credential alias and username/passwd configured in links. Then when we execute the transaction, an error occurred saying that "JCOProxy error: No credential alias defined". I can then select the credential alias and have the BLS run. However I don't want to encounter the threading issue.

An additional note: I am able to select the JCO credential alias, generate sample documents, go back delete credential alias, and finally NOT generate sample documents and get the BLS to work. However I think that this method is really just still caching the credential alias from the generated sample docs.

Note: Upgrading to a newer MII version isn't an option at this time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Justin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's been awhile since that specific version of 12.1, but if memory serves me correctly, you're running into an error that was fixed long ago. The design time stuff in the WB is working as expected, but the runtime TRX stuff is not. At runtime it should see the configured credential alias, look up the relevant user details and use them in the JCO call to ECC, which would supercede any specific user credentials in the configure dialog.