Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline approval - partial rejection via email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on SRM 7.1.

We are having shopping cart approval at the header level.

We are setting up offline approval for the shopping carts and PO's .However in the offline approval email which is sent to the approvers,there is only one button for APPROVE and REJECT function.So in case the approver wants to do partial rejection(say cart has 2 items,approver wants to approve 1st and reject 2nd),is that possible or the APPROVAL/REJECTION can be done only for the entire cart or PO?

The below link indicates that the decison via APPROVE/REJECT buttons can be done for teh entire decision set which is not clear to me...Does that mean the decison is for entire shopping cart?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm701/helpdata/en/31/47c6cb8e9249f2bc29444212e4704a/frameset.htm

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes , this is standard. Through offline you can only approve the document based on decision type. say you have configured item based approval for partial document, then the approver can only be approved/rejected through offline approval respective item.

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saravanan and Laurent.

@saravaan,

I ahve configured the HEADER LEVEL APPROVAL WORKLFOW for shopping cart,so when I logon to the system through the LOGON LINK in the offline approval email,I can see the radio buttons for the APPROVE /REJCT for all work items in cart and I cna do partial rejection also...

But if I have to approve thru email(w/o logging to the system,then I can approve only the whole shopping cart and not sleective items right?

So basically,the offline approval through APPROVE REJECT buttons in email is for complete shopping cart and not for selective items?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have configured item based decision for parital document, then when you login into portal through login button, the approve can still able to reject the SC partially, where as if you approve or reject through offline then for enter decision set.

Saravanan

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

(...)

So in case the approver wants to do partial rejection(say cart has 2 items, approver wants to approve 1st and reject 2nd),is that possible or the APPROVAL/REJECTION can be done only for the entire cart or PO?

(...)

No, for offline approval, your requirement is not standard: you will have to do your own development.

Nevertheless, by using the logon link, user can be connected to the application: he will be able to approve partially.

Regards.

Laurent.