cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Lot for Test Equipment Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are following the QM PM cross application method of using Equipment, Task List, and PM Plans to manage our test equipment for calibration.

I have noticed the inspection lot start and end dates are the exact same day on work orders that are identified with an outsource key in the operation. I would like to expand this window to match the work order inspection lots identified with an in-house Key in the operation.

Example:

Outsource work order Inspection lot, start and end date =1 day

In-house work order inspection lot, start and end date = 30 days

Note: the basic start/ finish dates and are showing the correct timeline on both in-house and outsource work order, while the scheduled start and end dates are correct for the in-house while they are 1 day in the outsource.

Have we missed configuration item or do we need to change the task list or key to help change this window?

Thank you,

Cheyenne

Edited by: Cheyenne on Nov 2, 2011 10:39 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check "Avg. Inspection duration" for inspection type in "Insp setup" tab in QM view.

Average duration of an inspection (in days) for each inspection type.

Use

When an inspection lot is created and you enter the start date for an inspection, the system uses the value stored in this field for the average inspection duration to calculate the end date for the inspection.

If you enter the end date of the inspection when the inspection lot is created, the system calculates the start date of the inspection using the average inspection duration entered in this field.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure how to get to the average inspection duration.

I searched the easy access menu

I manually scanned Logistics-->Quality Management -->

Sorry about the confusion, I was not part of the design or implementation of the test equipment management

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to material management MM02 --> QM view --> insp tab --> Here you will find "avg insp. duration" against each inspection type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That explains why I could not find it. We do not use the Material Master for the Test Equipment. We are only using the Equipment Master for Equipment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"avg insp. duration " is not associated with the Equipment testing .It is used in Case of Recurring Inspection.

Its Maintainance plan ( IP01) where we establish the relation between -->equipment ,Task list & Maintenance Cycle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone that replied

We started to evaluate our Control Keys and found CL02 (used for outsource calibrations) did not have the Scheduling external operations with standard values checked. With this discovery we found the planned delivery time spreads out your scheduled start and finish days to the number of days entered, in our example it is 30 days .

Viewing/ Changing Planned delivery Time -->

1. Go to work order or task List

2. click operation

3. Click External button

4. Fill in your number of days into the Pl. Delv. Time

This cleared up the issue of number of days between scheduled start and finish for outsouced calibration work orders.

Thank you,

Cheyenne

Answers (0)