cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preference Processing (Origin) for Europe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in a process of implementing the Preference Processing functionality in the standard SAP system for Europe. I need your help and suggestion by way of any guide which expalins step wise configuration and master data maintenance and how to execute transactions eg.exploding a BoM for In-house manufactured products and when Aggregating Vendor Declaration Indicators for traded goods.

The scenario here is we have a few of suppliers for a Material XYZ which is a Trading material and a couple of the supplier is within Europe and we have a Long term Supplier Declaration for Preference Origin from these Suppliers. Now when creating a PO after maintaining the PIR for such Vendor and material how will the system ensure that whether the material procured from the EU Vendor is eligible for Preferential processing. Also when I create a SO for the same material how the system identifies if the material was procured within Europe from the preferred vendors or it has been procured from 3rd coutries. When testing we found that the system does not check the details but only checks for the MAPE table in the Material Master.

We need an step by step guide apart from SAP documentation SD-FT-PRE.

Regards,

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With the standard configuration from SD part, I dont think, this requirement can be achieved, as system needs to check the origin of the vendors which is MM side.

You have to try with sale order exits like USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE in the program MV45AFZZ where the coding should be in such a way that whenever a sale order is created for such materials, it should first validate the field BESKZ from MARC table followed by Purchasing tables like EKES, EKPO etc., to validate the vendor code.

G. Lakshmipathi