Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 7.1 Analysis Authorization - Info-object security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have identified some fileds to be secured eg.Gender,Band .When i interact with BI Dev team they say that Gender is navigation attribute of 0Person and Band is display attribute of ZEmployee.Based on their reply i have few questions below.

1.Should 0person should also be auth relevant check enabled or only 0Gender ?

2.Since 0Gender is nav attribute of 0person should i inlcude as 0person_0gender in Analysis auth tab .If yes should i also include 0Gender also wherever i include 0person_0Gender

3.If band is display attibute of Zemploye how should i mention it in Analysis auth role.

Appreciate your reply as this will help me to close the design which is pending

Regards

sarav

1 REPLY 1

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

1) 0PERSON will not matter unless you want to secure it, You will have to mark 0GENDER authorization relevant but as a Nav Attribute of 0PERSON. Do not mark 0GENDER authorization relevant as a characteristic itself.

2) If the requirement is to secure 0GENDER as Nav Att of 0PERSON then you will be building your analysis authorization with 0PERSON__0GENDER.

3) Display Attribute can not be marked authorization relevant in attribute tab in RSD1, the option will appear greyed out. but it can be converted to Navigation Attribute - check Navigation Attribute On/Off button. Discuss with BW developer and let them do it. RSD1 is not a security transaction.