cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want email notification for fail cases

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am currently working on scenario where we send the mail notification when we check a certain file with the perticular file name on FTP location, but now the business wants to receive the mail notification only when the file is not there on the FTP server.

As is Scenario : We check for the certain file on FTP location at 3:30 daily and sends the mail if we see the file.

To Be scenario : We want to send mail notification only if we do not see the perticular file on the FTP server at 3:30 .

We are currently sending the lotus notes mail notification.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my opinion, it's not possible in standard as for a PI adapter where there is no file in the source folder, that's not an issue, it's just "there is no file to be treated, so I have nothing to do and everything is ok", and no XML message is generated. So no mapping and no BPM are available to do a control or take a decision. (*)

Maybe you can acheive that with an OS command (in fact a script) to check folder content and send directly an email, or to produce an error file, which we will check / pick-up by another interface which will send also an email. But I think it's to use a bazooka to kill a fly...

(*) unless.... another way is to use a dummy "start file" + BPM:

- to have a dummy file in a dummy folder (mode test, in order to have the file for the next run).

- Your interface is triggered at 3:30 on this dummy interface, just to start the process of a BPM.

- as your flow is started, in your BPM you trigger your real sender CC (CC should be in mode external)

- also in your BPM you have a branch "wait 1min" (for instance), and if after this delay, you have not receive a xml message corresponding to your real file, you can use a mapping and send an email. And if inside the dlay, you have the xml message, you choose another branch to map your data and sent them to the target.

Idea based on a correlation with BPM ".

Another solution (more simple) is to create an abap program either in ECC or in PI which will check the folder at 3:30, send an email if there is no file, else if there is a file, this abap program will trigger also to your PI interface. For that your sender CC should be in external mode and you just calll a HTTP address with "action" = stop and start.

Important: you can do a START of CC only it's current status is "STOP". So a better way to trigger a sender CC is to do at least a STOP before a START.

These "solutions" are just ideas, I never tested / implemented them.

regards.

Mickael

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no standard way of doing this in PI and I would suggest not to try to handle this within PI and complicate the interface. Instead look for OS level scripts which can check this easily and handle it at sender side.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava