cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start profile not there

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can anyone let me know if there is some changes to the profile directory in netweaver 7.30.

start profile in /sapmnt/<sid>/profle is pointing to central instance profile .

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Sharma Siddharth,

no, there are no changes, the default path is stil the same:

...\sapmnt\<SAPSID>\SYS\profile.

(just taken from the installation guide for NW 730 here: https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001259942010E)

When you say "/sapmnt/<sid>/profle is pointing to central instance profile", I believe there should be a misunderstanding of the concept of ths profile directory. Or maybe this is a HA installation? Dual Stack?

There are different scenarios where such confusion might take place, please double check.

But the answer for your question is definetly no, there's no change to the profile directory in NW 730 systems.

However, if you're referring explicitly to the start profile, be aware that there's no more start profile in NW 730. If you're upgrading your system, the upgrade process merges the old start profile with the new intance profile, FYI.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Tomas Black

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes it is a HA system and is a single stack. I think there is some thing which has been changed in 730 ....i my production system the START_DVsapsidci profile is pointing to <SID>DV_sapsidci

I am still confused

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In NW 7.1 and above versions startup profile is not available.

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

Kiran .V