cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TAN item and LEIS item in standard sales order OR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to handle standard item (item category TAN) and service item (item category LEIS) in the same order.

One with delivery and and the other without delivery. How to handle this ? Can I have two different billing document for this?

One is order related billing (for LEIS) and the other is for delivery related billing (for TAN items) from the same sales document?

Regards,

SAM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Until and unless you complete the billing for service item, sales order document will remain open. When you will generate invoice for service item. Only then sales document will show completely processed.

Regards

Jalaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the guidlines and get the solution:

1, Maintain a copy controlls w.r.t order and billing type documents. (use VTFA)

2, for the service Item to popup in billing maintain 'DIP Profile" use "ODP1" and maintain service item in Material determination view/tab with its cost element / G/L account., Also specifiy this DIP profile in Sales B tab of ITEM view .

3, maintain proper values / condition record for the Material / service item.

4, After saviong order for your service item and material please do PGI ( only for material)

5, finally do billing w.r.t order you will get the result.

Note: We normally use this DIP profile for resource related billing: i.e. for service items.

Please try out as guided above you must get the result.

regards

DSR

Edited by: D.Srinivasa Rao on Nov 3, 2011 6:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look at the thread, its the same as your business requirement.

Thanks

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aman,

Thanks for the post.

I am ok for 2 different billing document. For the delivery relevent item I can go ahead with Delivery related billing. For service item (TAD) I can go with the sales order related billing.

My question is: I have a sales order with both notmal item (TAN) and serivce item (TAD). I have done the delivery for the TAN item. I am creating the invoice based on the delivery. If I check the status of the sales order in the document flow, will it be 'being processed'? (I have not yet done the order related invoice for the service item).

Regards,

SAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont understand your question completely, are you saying the document flow for each process?

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you follow the instruction provided by me in the post referred to you by Aman.

Try following:
- Copy (VOV7) I Cat TAD into ZTAD and make is 'relevant for delivery'
- Determine (VOV4) I Cat ZTAD to Sales Order type and Item Cat Group 'LEIS'
- Go to Delv. I Cat (0VLP) and through new Entries add ZTAD. Make ZTAD relevant for Picking.
- Go to copying control for Order to Delv. (VTLA) and add/maintain ZTAD in I Cat relevant for this combination.
- Also accordingly, add/maintain ZTAD into copying control for Delv to Billing (VTFL).

You will be able achieve your required requirement.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aman,

The question is:- I want to use both, the regular item (TAN) and the service item (TAD) in the standard order.

1. I want to create the delivery only for the TAN item, sunsequently billing of the TAN item from the delivery.

2. I need to create a billing from the sales order for TAD item.

My question was, once the step 1 is completed, and when I am seeing the document flow, will the order status 'being processed'? Can I have both billing documents (one from delivery and other from sales order)?

Regards,

SAM.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based on your query.

Yes, you can bill the both but with seperate billing docs.

OR-10010 - 10 - TAN

-> LF- 5600010

-> F2-20000010

OR-10010 - 20 - TAD

-> LF- n.a.

-> F1-10000010

"Being processed" is the header status.

Individually items will have different status.

Regards

JP

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sam,

You can have two seperate billing documents.

1 for your delivery related billing and other one for the order related billing.

The item status of service item will be complete if you have done the billing of that service item.

The item status of TAN item will remain incomplete if you have not done the billing for that TAN item.

When you do the billing for both the items (service as well as TAN), the status in header level of item will also be completed.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

When you do delivery document..the system will automatically exclude the not relevant for delivery item and during billing also you can bill the service related item separately.

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu,

So one invoice I can do with the Delivery (TAN item) and the other from the sales order (LEIS item) correct?

Once I do the delivery related billing first, then before creating the invoice for service item from the sales order, will it show the status as 'being processed' and once both the invoices are completed, the status of the order will be 'completed'. Correct me if wrong.

Regards,

SAM