Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple files to Single Zip file

suman_lakkimsetty2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

Your valuable suggestions are required for the below scenario:

Requirement is PI have to pick multiple csv files and have to zip them into a single zip file. When we unzip it the file names must be same the souce files. Kindly suggest with the best approach.

Thank you

Suman.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use a standalone server script to do your Zip (see your basis team), after that use PI to pick-up this zip file and send it to target system. Intererst of PI is limited to an FTP, except if your flow is to send the zip file by email, and to pass through a SFTP / firewall etc... for which PI is really useful.

instead of a stand alone script triggered by your own file server (see basis team), your can use this script in your sender file CC (see OS command before...).

regards.

Mickael

P.S: do a quick search on SDN, coz I think there is already such a flow.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Requirement is PI have to pick multiple csv files and have to zip them into a single zip file. When we unzip it the file names must be same the souce files. Kindly suggest with the best approach.

This is impossible in PI without additional Java code for an adapter module or mapping.

I recommend to use an OS script for this task.

suman_lakkimsetty2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

Thanks a lot for your reply, as I am not very sure about using OS scripts could you please elloborate how can this be achieved using OS script and let me know the procedure.

Are you referening to the OS script which in CC 'Run OS command before message Processing' kindly clarify.

Thanks for your response.

Suman