Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW, BCS system refresh, PRD -> DEV

former_member312761
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I planning to refresh the developer system SAP BCS Consolidation (Netveawer 7.0, ABAP & JAVA stack), how to do it quickly?

Do it via a homogeneous system copy if there are any SQL scripts changing the SID?

Regards,

T.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the System Copy Guide System Copy for SAP Systems Based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR3 ABAP+Java, below;

https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000416402008E.pdf

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

former_member312761
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your help, but the documentation is a copy of the procedure described in the SAP, the new operating system, without previously installed instance of SAP.

What's in a situation where I want to make a copy from PRD to DEV. Before uninstall instance of SAP - DEV?

Best Regards,

T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> Thank you for your help, but the documentation is a copy of the procedure described in the SAP, the new operating system, without previously installed instance of SAP.

> What's in a situation where I want to make a copy from PRD to DEV. Before uninstall instance of SAP - DEV?

>

> Best Regards,

> T.

You don't need to uninstall DEV system. You can perform system copy on the existing system.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

former_member312761
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I Planned to do so as follows:

PREPARATION

1. Backup DB, PRD and DEV

2. Transaction SM13 - clear update record (PRD)

3. Transaction SM37 - stop all released job (PRD)

4. Transaction SE14 - clear invalid tem table (PRD)

5. transaction SE38 - report SMIGR_CREATE_DDL on (PRD)

6. Export - <Your SAP system>, Software Life-Cycle Options, System Copy, MS SQL Serve,r Source System<system variant>,Based on <technical stack> (PRD)

7. Database and Central Instance Export (Use database-specific tools for the system copy method)

IMPLEMENTATION

1. Restore DB PRD on DEV Server

2. Change DB Name, PRD to DEV

3. Import - <Your SAP system>, Software Life-Cycle Options, System Copy, MS SQL Server, Target System<system variant> <technical stack>

Should I still remember something ?

Best Regards,

T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Steps are looking good. Don't forget to read and apply the steps SAP system copy guide, also.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

former_member312761
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

next question, what happens to the existing instance of SAP? Is overwritten, or creates a new, the new kernel?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Existing 'SAP' instance will not get overwritten. Kernel will not get overwritten as well, will remain same, No new kernel will be installed

Only the database will be overwritten.

Thanks

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go with Homogenous system copy procedure as specified in SAP documents.

Regards,

Deepak Kori