cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decoding of an object ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I have the following problem regarding the database table CDPOS in APO: For instance, if the "proposed strategy" of a product is changed in /sapapo/mat1 the database table CDPOS contains the respective change log. In this case the field "OBJECTID" of CDPOS is comprised of a planning version (3 digit), the product number (x digit) and the location number (x digit) without spaces between them (For instance, 001123456VDE50 where "001" represents the version, "123456V" represents the product and "DE50" represents the location). The lengths of product and location numbers might vary - now is there a descent way to decode this ID so as to obtain the material number and the location number separated from each other?

Many thanks in advance

Chris

Edited by: Christopher Lonzius on Nov 2, 2011 1:42 PM

Edited by: Christopher Lonzius on Nov 2, 2011 1:44 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

thank you for your statement. Unfortunately, i won't have access to my customer's DEV system until tommorrow. I will check your hint then...

Chris

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris

Iam sure you would have figured out the answer by now - but just thought i would reply. Use the table key field (TABKEY) in CDPOS. It has spaces between product number and location number. There are no spaces between the version and product number . But you can extract the version and product number and eliminate the first 3 characters to get the product number

Thanks

Aparna