cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ignore two fields of header in FCC?

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am having a requirement where i need to ignore 2 fields of header in the file content conversion.

For Ex: Header ->

-id

-date

-code

-accnt

Here i do not need id and date to be passed as fields in the target flat file. So is there any way to ignore only those particular 2 fields in FCC?

Thanks & Regards,

Rohini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have mentioned that >>>>>Here i do not need id and date to be passed as fields in the target flat file.

So if u don't need this two fields in target side then you don't need to do any mapping for this two fields and also dont want to do anything in Content conversion.

For ex : if your sender file is

id

date

code

accnt

If you want to remove this two fields in sender side itself means in the FCC

do the following things,

DOCUMENT OFFSET:2 ( set the Document offset as two then first two lines will get removed)

Header.fieldNames:code,accnt(In DT also you no need to add id and date)

Regards

Preethi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you want to avoid it at the target structure, just do not pass these fields in your mapping.

Regards,

Manjusha

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you don't need those two fields then what the need for doing conversion, don't do mapping those two fields.

Thanks

G V Anil

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

>>>>Here i do not need id and date to be passed as fields in the target flat file

Then you can delete those from your target structure......If it is not possible, and if you are using fixed lengths in receiver file content conversion, then you can secify fixedLengthTooShortHandling as ignore and the length for id and date fileds as zero.

Regards,

Priyanka

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

I cannot delete those two fields as i am using them to create dynamic file name.

But i need to ignore them in fcc.

Thanks

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

right click them in target , in mapping and mark disable. and follow what priyanka said.

Former Member
0 Kudos

CHK THIS:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohini

You might be using Variable substitution for dynamic file name which caused this problem as you don't want the fields.

Solution 1: (Prefer this)

Use Dynamic Configuration

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/UsingDynamicConfiguration

Here you need not to populate the 2 fields in target structure. Hence no need to worry in CC.

Solution 2 :

Using Variable substitution

Regards

Raj

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for ur response.

Hereis my actual requirement. Based on 1 field in input field I have to generate file.

Suppose field1 is in input side. how many times it will come in input side that many times i have to create target structure.

Ex: In field1 i am getting2 values 10 and 20 so i have to create 2 files in target with filename: Target_10 and Target_20.

So above requirement is ok for me if i am using varible substitution. that is ok.....

I am mapping this field1 value to target side field2 value for represting Target_(field1) value in variable substitution for this reason i have created field 2 in target structure.

If i am using fixed length I can handle this one but I am using field separator what i have to do

Thanks,

Rohini