cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abort error during import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting the "Abort error" while carrying out the import process.I get this error after the file is loaded and after i do the matching step in Matching Tab.

Here is my scenario.

We do not have any unoique field to import.So we use the combination of many fields and carry out the import.in doing so City is also a field which is used in the combination.So what happens is when i select the file it gets loaded and in Matching step in Matching tab ( Import manager ) it is throwing the Abort error.IF i remove the City field from combination it is working.

Also there are around 5000 records.If i load this i am getting the Abort error.I divided the file into 2 files.One got loaded and other did not.I continued the same unless i got the final 13 records i was still getting Abort error.

But if i further divide this file it is getting loaded without any error but if i try to load as a whole ie all 13 records it throws error.

I tried this in SP05 and SP07 bth.

Please help me out in this

Regards

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I had raised this issue with SAP team and they have comeup with a answer that they are also able to reproduce this error.

They confirmed that this is a issue with MDM software and same will be fixed in SP09 patch

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks, that's very kind of you to share that

Can you please provide SAP's detailed comment on this.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please find the reply from SAP below

" This issue was reproduced in our internal landscape. Before we process this message to the responsible developer for his handling in order for him to confirm that this issue is indeed an issue with the MDM software,please confirm that a fix in MDM 7.1 SP09 will accommodate your project timeline "

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Today i got a file where i got Abort error .I checked for which field it is throwing error and to my surprise this time it was both City and Name.

I am really stuck on how to move forward

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Relax,these things keep happening.

Try to isolate the error by breaking into subfiles.

Also in the source xml ensure all the entries are in one font and check all the types in each cell,making the problem causing cells as general might be helpful.Try and please let me know the results.

Regarding the question why is this happening,I have not seen a relevant note on this,connecting with SAP can help.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.This means that nothing is wrong from MDM side also

Because when i load the data in mass it is throwing error but if i split it is getting loaded

But how to identify these characters as i am getting the error for countries whcinh is maintained in local languages.

Is there any way so that MDM accepts any thing that is entered or you were telling some characters are not allowed.Can you please state them or provide any documnet link on this

Regards

Nitin

Edited by: nitin shanbhag on Nov 9, 2011 11:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

In the source excel trim all the value for Field City,i mean remove trailing spaces for NULL values too.

I guess this is happening with your Matching step,it fails possibly because of a or few Null value which has spaces in it.

Kindly remove such values from source and retest.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I tried the same but got the Abort error

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nitin,

As we are talking about 13 records which are giving problem,so try importing randomly few of them.

If all goes well compare the record which is importing right with the one which is not.

Let then analyse the field(s) which has such issue as talked about in the SAP note.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I checked the source file and based on my analysis done below are the points

" If a column ( City field in my case ) has a same value in two different fonts it is giving Abort error"

Below are the example for the case

中央区日本橋人形町1-3-6

中央区日本橋人形町1-3-6

Japanese script is same but numbers are same but in different font.So it is throwing error

I changed the font and made both as same .it worked and loaded

Please need your points

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Congrats you cracked it!

The problem could have come when MDM is trying to match the 2 values and is unable to compare properly and operation aborts.

I guess this issue has been resolved in SAP MDM 7.1 SP04 onwards.

Anyways,your issue stands solved i guess

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks,

I found the reason for the message but i did not find the solution for the same .I am using SAP MD 7.1 SP05 and tested the same case in SP07 also.But in both i got the same error.

Is there any way to solve this or should i raise this issue with SAP

Nitin

ShockerWil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I would recommend you to use normalize in the import manager. This will eliminate the possible of formatting discrepancies.

Many thanks!

Wilbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wilbert/Nitin,

Please correct me if I am wrong here,so you mean normalizing city field before import and matching on that including other match field.So in that case normalized data would be transferred to MDM.

Cloning the city field and normalizing it,matching on this cloned field should solve the error.

But yes,this should not have happened with versions above SP04,as the release notes of SP 04 talk about this being resolved.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I found a SAP note on the same .

I get the Error : - " Error matching records - Abort "

SAP note ; - 1463078

Kindly need your comments on the same.

Is it possible to identify the null charaters

Regards

nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I am having a doubt.I am using the combination of many fields for importing , is it required to maintain the Sort index as Normal for all the fields used for import.

And If yes please provide the link or any document which will help me in this

Regards

Nitin

Edited by: nitin shanbhag on Nov 2, 2011 4:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

To answer your question ,Sort index increases load on MDS dramatically.

Here are links which tell you that:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/7c/41a365befa490391d784aff5c3fe99/frameset.htm

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10c4cd5f-6893-2a10-a2b0-f9cb3cd38...

The issue you are facing can be due to a field like City which has thousands of entries in the lookup table and when that is matched with the destination it creates a lot of load on MDS and process aborts.

Please check traces in MDS logs,possibly they can give exact picture.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I think sort indes is not the problem for this because i recieved some more files where we got Abort error in Import manager.

We extract the data from ECC with ABAP.I am unable to find the reason for the Abort niether i am unable to find is it really the problem from MDM side or ABAP extraction side.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Kindly post the exact error definition and have a relook at the matching fields from the business perspective,so that you can get appropriate matching criteria.I strongly feel you do not need this can be optimized.

I guess you are manually importing data using excel or txt,please check the file so created for authorization.

Try copying and pasting the data to another excel/txt and running the import.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I believe this is an data issue rather than an ABAP issue. Can you check those 13 records in ECC whether they have any special characters in the texts as MDM does not support some values. if you find those ask your business users to clean those in ECC instead of fixing in MDM by trimming it in Excel. so that you wont find this issue again

If you ask me how to find those texts that will be permutation and combinations on your fields.

regards

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I got this message in MDS log

"Record matching against none sortable field (FieldId=72 in SortAndMatchInternal()"

Many lines with with different field ID are there in logs

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Run the import with 13 records once,and let it abort.

Check MDS for that time period,for errors/warnings which can give you a pointer where to look for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

What does MDS log say when trying to import only these 13 records?

Thanks,

Ravi